We’re Blue River, a team of innovators driven to radically change agriculture by creating intelligent machinery. We empower our customers – farmers - to implement more sustainable solutions: optimize chemical usage, reimagining routine processes, and improving farming yields year after year. We believe that focusing on the small stuff – pixel-by-pixel and plant-by-plant - leads to big gains. By partnering with John Deere, we are innovating computer vision, machine learning, robotics and product management to solve monumental challenges for our customers.
Our people are at the heart of what we do. Through cross-discipline collaboration, this mission-driven and daring team is eager to define the new frontier of agricultural robotics. We are always asking hard questions, rapidly iterating, and getting our boots in the field to figure it out. We won’t give up until we’ve made a tangible and positive impact on agriculture.
We are based in Sunnyvale, CA - but we are not contained to an office or our lab - the farm and field are also our playground. We have adapted to this virtual world and aren’t just surviving it, but thriving through it. We are proud of our deeply collaborative culture at Blue River. We are a people-first company, and everyone here makes a tangible difference. We are passionate about what we’re creating and can promise you, if you join, that your voice and contributions will matter. Are you ready to embark on the greatest adventure of your career?
As an integration engineer, you will be the bridge between the platform users and the platform, helping to accelerate the adoption of the common tools and practices developed within the Platform team. To do this, you will need to deeply empathize with and anticipate our end users: data scientists, roboticists, and ML engineers. You will work side-by-side with them to assist in the prototyping and integration of tools, contributing both to the core Platform as well as project-specific integrations. In doing so, you will discover and deeply understand our users’ pain and provide advice on future platform products and features.
- Databases: SQL and NoSQL experience. Knowledge of advanced query techniques in either SQL or NoSQL.
- Experience with prototyping and developing scalable software in a cloud, distributed setting
- Experience with software design, specification, and requirements gathering process
- Familiarity with the data science ecosystem: e.g. Jupyter notebook
- Familiarity with REST APIs
- Self motivated, solutions driven, independent thinker with the ability to distill a customer request into useful technology.
- Strong verbal and written communicator; customer empathy
- B.Sc in computer science or equivalent quantitative fields
- Experience developing with Pandas, Numpy, iPyWidget, Matplotlib
- Experiences in deep learning ecosystem: Tensorflow, Pytorch, Kubeflow
- Experience building data visualization tools
Blue River offers competitive compensation and benefits, including a great 401(K) match. We believe in a work life balance and offer Paid Time Off and Sick Leave as well as Paid Parental Leave and an adoption benefit. When in office again, we offer Subsidized lunches, flexible work hours, CalTrain passes (with mobile Wi-Fi!). In this virtual world, we offer tools, resources and time to stay connected to your colleagues and work in a sustainable way as we all wear many hats personally and professionally. We provide a collaborative and supportive environment that contributes to making Blue River a great place to work.
We are committed to building a diverse team and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.