About Blue River
We’re Blue River, a team of innovators driven to radically change agriculture by creating intelligent machinery. We empower our customers – farmers - to implement more sustainable solutions: optimize chemical usage, reimagining routine processes, and improving farming yields year after year. We believe that focusing on the small stuff – pixel-by-pixel and plant-by-plant - leads to big gains. By partnering with John Deere, we are innovating computer vision, machine learning, robotics and product management to solve monumental challenges for our customers. Our people are at the heart of what we do.
Through cross-discipline collaboration, this mission-driven and daring team is eager to define the new frontier of agricultural robotics. We are always asking hard questions, rapidly iterating, and getting our boots in the field to figure it out. We won’t give up until we’ve made a tangible and positive impact on agriculture.
As a Software Integration Engineer, you will collaborate with your teammates to define and deliver the integrated software architecture and implementation of a next generation platform for future products. You will interact with cross-functional engineering teams consisting of systems and embedded software, mechanical, electrical, computer vision and machine learning engineers. Our teams are empowered to figure out how to overcome challenges, plan and prioritize work – everyone is a key contributor.
The machines we are working on contribute to the bottom line of our farmers while protecting the environment and improving food quality! We work very closely with our dedicated field engineers as well as our team of agronomists. As a small company, we can offer everyone the opportunity to experience the product live in the field.
In this integration focused role, the ideal candidate will contribute to our code base as well as:
- Partner with teams across Blue River and John Deere organizations to integrate existing software and identify new software required to complete the platform architecture
- Facilitate architecture decisions, tradeoff analysis and contribute to product technical requirements
- Collaboratively identify, develop, document and communicate software and interface requirements
- Play an active role in the planning and execution processes with key partners such as SW architects, key domain specialists, technical leads and product management
- Proven embedded C/C++ skills to be able to contribute to our realtime hardware controllers
- Experience developing system software using simulation and modeling tools (e.g., MATLAB, Simulink, Stateflow, LabVIEW, etc.)
- Successful architecture, design and development experience with electromechanical projects of increasing scope
- You enjoy crafting sophisticated systems involving complex interactions between tightly coordinated multi-disciplinary components
- You are a strong teammate who is a self-starter and strongly results oriented
- You are an effective cross-functional collaborator, and thrive in a hands-on agile development environment
Nice to have technical skills
- Experience with vehicle automation; bonus for agricultural equipment
Desired Professional Experience
- BS in CS with 7+ years of industrial software development experience
- Technical experience relating to design/diagnostics of mechanical/electrical/hydraulic systems
- Experience with the complete product lifecycle (from concept through to deployment/support)
- This position is based in Sunnyvale, CA, with liaison to groups in Iowa