We’re Blue River, a team of innovators driven to radically change agriculture by creating intelligent machinery. We empower our customers – farmers - to implement more sustainable solutions: optimize chemical usage, reimagining routine processes, and improving farming yields year after year. We believe that focusing on the small stuff – pixel-by-pixel and plant-by-plant - leads to big gains. By partnering with John Deere, we are innovating computer vision, machine learning, robotics and product management to solve monumental challenges for our customers.
Our people are at the heart of what we do. Through cross-discipline collaboration, this mission-driven and daring team is eager to define the new frontier of agricultural robotics. We are always asking hard questions, rapidly iterating, and getting our boots in the field to figure it out. We won’t give up until we’ve made a tangible and positive impact on agriculture.
We’re seeking a talented Software Engineer specializing in building and maintaining production machine learning software platforms to join our team. Our machine learning platform helps manage the various components of the ML application development life cycle, starting from data ingestion, annotation, exploration to model training, deployment and monitoring. All of these components are interdisciplinary, so you will be working closely with roboticists and ML researchers in both defining interfaces and optimizing implementations to meet the final product specifications.
A well qualified candidate for this position will love prototyping and have the ability to turn that prototype into a high quality production feature. Implementing complex distributed systems will excite you and you’ll have an insatiable appetite for new information such as new ML frameworks or new database technologies.
- Build solutions to satisfy the data management, search, and data versioning needs of Blue River
- Connect our ecosystem by building integrations across multiple existing and new tools
- Implement and optimize data model, queries, and ETLs for complicated text, image, and sensor data
- Design service level interfaces for our ML and Data Platform
- Work with product, data scientists, and roboticists to build visualization tools and dashboards
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Expert Python developer
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics or other quantitative field
- 5 years professional software development experience
- Adept query optimization in NoSQL and SQL databases such as Postgres, Mongo, Athena, and InfluxDB
- Experience developing microservices and cloud native applications
- Familiarity with common data visualization tools: e.g, Apache Superset, Tableau, Looker
- Self motivated, independent thinker, and excellent communicator
- Experience developing within the Jupyter ecosystem is a plus
- Experience with production ML platform
- Experience with Kubeflow or TFX
- Familiarity with ML Frameworks: TensorFlow, PyTorch.
Blue River offers competitive compensation and benefits, including a great 401(K) match. We believe in a work life balance and offer generous Paid Time Off and Sick Leave as well as Paid Parental Leave and an adoption benefit. Subsidized lunches, flexible work hours, CalTrain passes (with mobile Wi-Fi!) and a collaborative and supportive environment also contribute to making Blue River a great place to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.