We’re Blue River, a team of innovators driven to radically change agriculture by creating intelligent machinery. We empower our customers – farmers - to implement more sustainable solutions: optimize chemical usage, reimagining routine processes, and improving farming yields year after year. We believe that focusing on the small stuff – pixel-by-pixel and plant-by-plant - leads to big gains. By partnering with John Deere, we are innovating computer vision, machine learning, robotics and product management to solve monumental challenges for our customers.
Our people are at the heart of what we do. Through cross-discipline collaboration, this mission-driven and daring team is eager to define the new frontier of agricultural robotics. We are always asking hard questions, rapidly iterating, and getting our boots in the field to figure it out. We won’t give up until we’ve made a tangible and positive impact on agriculture.
We are looking for a passionate individual who is excited about developing groundbreaking products for farmers that promote environmental, economic, and social sustainability by using advanced technology to solve real problems. In this contract full stack software engineering role you will be responsible for the development of user interfaces that will help researchers and engineers to control various intelligent devices. This is a great opportunity to do highly visible work contributing to the success of our entire organization.
- Design and build development / test tools to support Blue River’s field operations
- Collaborate with product, engineering and field operations on rapid prototyping
- Build new features, products, and reusable UI paradigms
- Carry out design studies with stakeholders to develop interface needs
- Review and refine designs with product and engineering leads
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent work experience and at least 2 years of professional experience
- Proven experience with an object-oriented programming language, preferably C++
- Solid understanding of software fundamentals including software design, algorithm development, data structures, code modularity, and maintainability
- Exposure to distributed architectures and systems
- Design intuition and user empathy
Blue River offers competitive compensation and benefits, including a great 401(K) match. We believe in a work life balance and offer generous Paid Time Off and Sick Leave as well as Paid Parental Leave and an adoption benefit. Subsidized lunches, flexible work hours, CalTrain passes (with mobile Wi-Fi!) and a collaborative and supportive environment also contribute to making Blue River a great place to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.