Blue River Technology serves the agricultural industry by designing and building advanced farm machines that utilize computer vision and machine learning to enable farmers to understand and manage every plant. These machines help farmers to improve profitability, protect the environment by reducing pesticide use, and capture valuable plant-by-plant data. Blue River is a pioneer in the agricultural robotics space and has developed the See & Spray precision sprayer, which applies herbicide only where needed, and can reduce herbicide use 90%.
John Deere & Company, with over 180 years of experience in designing, manufacturing, and distributing innovative products to farmers, acquired Blue River Technology in the fall of 2017 as an independently run subsidiary. In partnership with John Deere, Blue River has expanded rapidly and together both companies see many opportunities to apply advanced computer vision, machine learning, and robotics technologies to other areas in agriculture beyond spraying.
Our office is located in Sunnyvale, CA and is home to 100+ team members with diverse experience including computer vision, machine learning, systems software, autonomous vehicles and precision agriculture. Our working environment is fast paced and highly collaborative. Employees are excited to use their talents to improve food production and protect the environment.
Summary and Responsibilities
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about developing solutions for farmers around the world by applying groundbreaking technology to real customer problems. In this role, you will support in-field market research; lead in developing a customer-facing product launch tool; and help create marketing strategies. The primary project for this internship will be to create a website to engage a variety of audiences about a product’s vision. The role will include work in the following areas:
- Build a website to market a product’s vision (design a functioning website, create and edit videos, and write website content)
- Organize, facilitate and direct the data capture from surveys, along with in-person and phone interviews with customers to create data summaries and generate marketing content
- Create 30-second to 5-minute videos from in-person interviews and video captured in Summer 2021 to tell customer stories and communicate the product vision
- Develop strategies, techniques, tools, and content to increase Blue River's understanding of customers, the market, and competition including interview kits, simulations, prototypes, videos, and demonstrations
- Develop and communicate personas, use-cases, and value propositions for a specific product offering across different markets
- Contribute to the team’s overall success by supporting and participating in any stage of the product development process as needed
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of how Blue River approaches product development and marketing through recommendations and the development of new strategies, processes, and tactics
- Enrollment in or completion of degree program in Business or related field
- Interest in product management and/or product marketing
- Interest in agricultural or related industry
- Experience creating a functioning website with varied content and multimedia
- Experience editing video content
- Strong organizational, planning and problem-solving skills with an ability to communicate with customers
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex ideas clearly and concisely
In addition, the following are a plus:
- Experience in / Interest in /passion for environmental sustainability, Agriculture, Engineering
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.