About Blue River Technology
We’re Blue River, a team of innovators driven to radically change agriculture by creating intelligent machinery. We empower our customers to implement more sustainable solutions: optimize chemical usage, reimagining routine processes, and improving farming yields year after year. We believe that focusing on the small stuff – pixel-by-pixel and plant-by-plant - leads to big gains. By partnering with John Deere, we are innovating computer vision, machine learning, robotics and product management to solve monumental challenges for our customers.
Our people are at the heart of what we do. Through cross-discipline collaboration, this mission-driven and daring team is eager to define the new frontier of robotics. We are always asking hard questions, rapidly iterating, and getting our boots in the field to figure it out. We won’t give up until we’ve made a tangible and positive impact .
We are looking for a self-driven senior robotics engineer to help design and build tools for supporting our perception stack, software debugging and data workflow for machine learning systems. This software stack empowers the team to develop the next generation of machine learning products and robotics systems. The candidate will be responsible for integrating research work into the product as well as testing it on the platform end to end. This position will involve close collaboration with the product and engineering team to implement and track the metrics for different components of the system. The candidate should be comfortable working on Agriculture and Construction machinery in a field environment.
- Robotics software development and system support activities for image-based object detection on real-time systems. This includes working on various parts of the classical computer vision pipeline for detecting objects using stereo cameras, fusing detections from different modalities and system testing on target platforms.
- Design and implement tools for machine learning activities such as model training, model inference, model evaluation and model introspection related debugging tools.
- Implement product metrics and evaluation tools for analytics and reporting that enables the engineering and product team to track and improve product performance over time.
- Design and implement tools for data collection such as data capture, data logging, data visualization, etc.
- Support the improvements of data workflows including data ingestion, data labeling, model training and model evaluation for machine learning systems working with large volumes of data.
Required Skills & Experience
- MS in Computer Science or other specialties such as Robotics, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Data, etc with 3+ years of industry experience.
- Strong expertise in writing modern and production quality C++ and Python code for robotics and CVML systems and setting the standard for code quality across engineering teams
- Desire and passion to work in a fast-paced, production oriented environment
- Self-driven/enthusiastic/motivated to solve exciting engineering problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Mission aligned to improve safety and productivity of the equipment.
- Ability to work effectively within a geographically-distributed team
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience in working with data workflows for machine learning such as AWS, Kubeflow and other ML Ops platforms
- Experience in working with Vehicle autonomy space.
- Experience in working with GPUs and FPGAs
- Experience in build and release systems, artifactory, jenkins etc
- Experience in metrics implementation, analysis and dashboarding
We are looking for people who are passionate about solving challenging engineering problems to improve the safety and productivity of agriculture and construction equipment by applying cutting edge computer vision, machine learning and robotics technologies.
Blue River offers competitive compensation and benefits, including a great 401(K) match. We believe in a work life balance and offer generous Paid Time Off and Sick Leave as well as Paid Parental Leave and an adoption benefit. Subsidized lunches, flexible work hours, CalTrain passes (with mobile Wi-Fi!) and a collaborative and supportive environment also contribute to making Blue River a great place to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.