We’re Blue River, a team of innovators driven to radically change agriculture by creating intelligent machinery. We empower our customers – farmers - to implement more sustainable solutions: optimize chemical usage, reimagining routine processes, and improving farming yields year after year. We believe that focusing on the small stuff – pixel-by-pixel and plant-by-plant - leads to big gains. By partnering with John Deere, we are innovating computer vision, machine learning, robotics and product management to solve monumental challenges for our customers.
Our people are at the heart of what we do. Through cross-discipline collaboration, this mission-driven and daring team is eager to define the new frontier of agricultural robotics. We are always asking hard questions, rapidly iterating, and getting our boots in the field to figure it out. We won’t give up until we’ve made a tangible and positive impact on agriculture.
Blue River is seeking a Sr. Finance Analyst who will be the principal financial business partner to program leaders, providing key financial insight and managing the forecast and budget processes. As the first analyst for the company, you will have an excellent opportunity to partner with senior leaders throughout all aspects of financial planning and analysis and be a key contributor on various projects and initiatives.
- Manage the annual budget and quarterly forecast processes
- Provide monthly and ad hoc financial reporting to budget managers, executive management and John Deere counterparts
- Drive operational improvements and automation as the company grows
- Perform various decision-support analyses in support of the company’s changing priorities and initiatives
- Conduct monthly reviews of financial statements with the Lead Accountant, including balance sheet reconciliations, account categorization and accruals
- Understand standard accounting principles and policy and interact with global accounting and financial partners to maintain proper financial processes, procedures and controls.
Required Professional Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Business Finance, Accounting or similar preferred
- 5 to 7 years of progressive experience in similar roles
- Skilled communicator with the ability to interact and partner professionally with all levels of the organization
- Ability to prioritize multiple incoming requests, multi-task and manage time effectively
- Innovative thinker and problem solver with the ability to execute on plans
- Highly proficient with Excel, Powerpoint
- Experience with NetSuite or similar software
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Exercises good judgment; able to handle sensitive information with discretion
Blue River offers competitive compensation and benefits, including a great 401(K) match. We believe in a work life balance and offer generous Paid Time Off and Sick Leave as well as Paid Parental Leave and an adoption benefit. Subsidized lunches, flexible work hours, CalTrain passes (with mobile Wi-Fi!) and a collaborative and supportive environment also contribute to making Blue River a great place to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.