We’re Blue River, a team of innovators driven to radically change agriculture by creating intelligent machinery. We empower our customers – farmers - to implement more sustainable solutions: optimize chemical usage, reimagining routine processes, and improving farming yields year after year. We believe that focusing on the small stuff – pixel-by-pixel and plant-by-plant - leads to big gains. By partnering with John Deere, we are innovating computer vision, machine learning, robotics and product management to solve monumental challenges for our customers.
Our people are at the heart of what we do. Through cross-discipline collaboration, this mission-driven and daring team is eager to define the new frontier of agricultural robotics. We are always asking hard questions, rapidly iterating, and getting our boots in the field to figure it out. We won’t give up until we’ve made a tangible and positive impact on agriculture.
We are based in Sunnyvale, CA - but we are not contained to an office or our lab - the farm and field are also our playground. We are proud of our deeply collaborative culture at Blue River. We are a people-first company, and everyone here makes a tangible difference. We are passionate about what we’re creating and can promise you, if you join, that your voice and contributions will matter. Are you ready to embark on the greatest adventure of your career?
The Blue River Talent Acquisition team is seeking a Sr. Technical Recruiter to join us and continue to keep Blue River talented, nimble and innovative. You will support strategic hiring in the most challenging job market here in Silicon Valley. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the entire recruiting lifecycle and enable our teams to succeed and achieve our mission.
This isn’t your average recruiting role and you’ll be empowered to be hands on with a lot more than just sourcing and screening candidates. You’ll be a consultative partner for hiring managers and leaders within the company up to the C-suite. We’re looking for someone that’s passionate about the candidate experience, building an awesome talent brand and being a company ambassador within the tech community. You’ll be able to help us build and enhance exciting capabilities for attracting the best candidates to join our high performing teams.
The ideal person for this role will have a diverse blend of experience within the talent acquisition space and have subject matter expertise within the recruiting, systems & tools, interviewing best practices, talent brand, diversity & inclusion and project management domains. If this sounds exciting, we want to talk to you!
This contract Sr. Technical Recruiter position will report into Blue River’s Sr. Recruiting Lead and be based in our Sunnyvale office. We can offer flexible working hours and some remote work to make Bay Area traffic and commuting easier to deal with!
Required Professional Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of experience within talent acquisition; demonstrated ability to source, attract and hire candidates into roles that require highly specialized skills & experience
- Team oriented; brings to our team a passion for collaboration, ownership and personal accountability
- Exceptional stakeholder engagement skills; capable of providing highly consultative hiring team support
- Amazing operational skills including strategic prioritization of competing deliverables, high level ownership through all phases of the recruiting life-cycle, systems and tools expertise and an eye for continuous process improvement
- Strong organization and project management skills to keep processes clean and not let details fall through the cracks
- Market research capability; able to map out a highly competitive talent market and own the development of value-added candidate pipelines
- Results focused; consistent track record of driving projects and initiatives through to completion
- A growth mindset; is always intellectually curious and has an agile approach to learning new things
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Technical recruiting experience within machine learning, robotics and artificial intelligence domains
- Experience developing value added recruiting metrics and dashboards
- A background in diversity related talent attraction and hiring initiatives
- Talented communicator
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We support each employee living a full life, enabling a thriving career and accomplishing a meaningful, challenging mission with incredible people.
We have designed our work environment to allow us each to do our work effectively, be our best selves, and be exposed to the unexpected connections and experiences that support creative innovation - all while leaving room for the other things you love.
We have been operating as “mostly remote” during the pandemic. As we transition back to the office, we are introducing our Workplace Flexibility Model. Most roles will be based out of our Sunnyvale office and balance in-office time with flexibility to support other needs you have in your life. This flexibility could be used to reduce the Bay Area commute burden by working from home a couple days a week, support parent or caregiver needs, or allow space for you to do the other things you love, whatever that might be! There are times when achieving great work is more productive when working where you work best. That’s the point of this model...flexibility for you. A few roles will be approved as fully remote. Those are determined by managers and approved by our senior team.
We anticipate following this flexibility model starting mid-July 2021 as we continue to follow local guidelines and protocol around COVID.