We’re Blue River, a team of innovators driven to radically change agriculture by creating intelligent machinery. We empower our customers – farmers - to implement more sustainable solutions: optimize chemical usage, reimagining routine processes, and improving farming yields year after year. We believe that focusing on the small stuff – pixel-by-pixel and plant-by-plant - leads to big gains. By partnering with John Deere, we are innovating computer vision, machine learning, robotics and product management to solve monumental challenges for our customers. Our people are at the heart of what we do.
Through cross-discipline collaboration, this mission-driven and daring team is eager to define the new frontier of agricultural robotics. We are always asking hard questions, rapidly iterating, and getting our boots in the field to figure it out. We won’t give up until we’ve made a tangible and positive impact on agriculture.
We are currently looking for an experienced People Operations Manager to join our growing People Team. Reporting to the VP of People, the People Operations Manager will be responsible for creating the supportive infrastructure of data, systems, and processes to lead People Operations projects and programs and help the People Team continue to deliver extraordinary service to our employees and the organization. Core to the role is providing program management methodology, , knowledge, and problem solving to team member life-cycle changes, delivering outstanding service, and providing seamless employee experiences.
- Manage our total rewards team - including payroll, benefits, and 401k with support of Payroll and Benefits specialist
- Manage Immigration - all visa applications and be the main contact for external legal counsel
- Manage all compliance related reporting and audits, headcount, org charts
- Oversee and ensure best practices followed for maintaining employee files
- Support People Operations with process health, metrics & dashboards - both HR, Talent Management and Recruiting
- Prepare operational dashboards & metrics for the People team
- Keep org informed of new HR, Recruiting & Immigration laws - Stay up to date on new federal, state and other applicable laws, including annual review of Employee Handbook
- Contribute to the roadmap supporting automation, standardization, and centralization of People processes and systems.
- Drive People Team Innovation and manage process improvements and project for the People team.
- Administration of People Systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or other related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible HR Operations experience
- Strong understanding of legal and compliance requirements
- Knowledge of HRIS/Payroll systems as well as payroll related laws and best practices
- Experience managing H1 and Permanent Resident applications
- Experience leading and implementing a benefits program
- Proficient personal computer skills i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, HRIS (Paylocity preferred) system required. Must be able to create and manipulate Excel spreadsheets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to maintain confidential information at all times.
- Professional HR certification such as or PHR or SHRM-CP is a plus.
Blue River offers competitive compensation and benefits, including a great 401(K) match. We believe in a work life balance and offer generous Paid Time Off and Sick Leave as well as Paid Parental Leave and an adoption benefit. Subsidized lunches, flexible work hours, CalTrain passes (with mobile Wi-Fi!) and a collaborative and supportive environment also contribute to making Blue River a great place to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.