Blue River Technology & John Deere's Intelligent Solutions teams serve the agricultural industry with ground-breaking computer-vision and deep learning based equipment. These machines are changing the future of farming by enabling farmers to optimize every plant in their fields. Our technology spectacularly reduces the amount of chemicals used, improves farmer profitability, and collects valuable plant-by-plant data.
John Deere & Company, with over 180 years in designing, manufacturing, and distributing innovative products to farmers, acquired Blue River Technology in the fall of 2017 as an independently-run subsidiary. In partnership with John Deere, Blue River has expanded rapidly and together both companies see many opportunities to apply sophisticated machine learning, and robotics technologies to other areas in agriculture beyond spraying.
Our teammates are located in Sunnyvale, CA, growing in Austin, TX and even remote! You will work with team members with diverse experience including machine learning, systems software, autonomous vehicles and precision agriculture. Our working environment is fast paced and highly collaborative, and employees are excited to use their talents to improve food production and protect the environment.
The Blue River People team is expanding our team of Technical Recruiters and looking for the right person to lead a new recruiting team to join us and continue to keep Blue River talented, nimble and innovative - and apply the same high bar of talent in John Deere's Intelligent Solutions. You will lead strategic technical hiring in the most competitive job market here in Silicon Valley, Austin, TX and other Deere locations. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the entire recruiting lifecycle and enable success and achieve our mission as we double our recruiting team, to support the growth and hiring needs for both Blue River and the US Tech-stack within John Deere!
The ideal person for this role will have a diverse blend within leadership, tech recruiting, systems & tools, interviewing methodologies, talent brand, diversity & inclusion and obsessed with candidate experience. You will be a consultative partner for hiring managers and leaders within the company up to the C-suite. We’re looking for someone that’s passionate about the candidate experience, building an awesome talent brand and being a company ambassador within the tech community. Partnering with the larger people team, you’ll help us build and improve exciting capabilities for attracting the best candidates to join.
Required Professional Skills & Experience:
- Lead, help build and inspire a high-performing team of talent acquisition professionals
- Share knowledge and best practices within the broader Blue River talent acquisition team, as well as within the organization to ensure that our recruiting is highly effective and world class
- Credible advisor and coach; demonstrated expertise across key initiatives in a talent acquisition function
- Highly collaborative with people with the ability to build relationships quickly
- Highly organized and able to manage the "control tower" to ensure process excellence and overall pipeline health.
- Amazing recruiting skills including strategic prioritization of competing reqs, high level oversight through all phases of the recruiting life-cycle and an eye for continuous process improvement.
- Pro-active support of candidate and hiring team experience throughout the recruiting process by exceptionally and empathetically managing the candidate journey.
- Team oriented; brings to our team a passion for collaboration, ownership and accountability - including embracing agency support to help boost talent pipelines.
- Market research capability; able to map out a highly competitive talent market and own the development of valuable candidate pipelines
- Results focused; consistent track record of placing and closing A-Player technical talent.
- 8 plus years of professional recruiting experience
- 3 years managing a recruiting team at a fast-growing tech company
- Proven track record sourcing passive talent from technology companies
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills
- Strong operational skills -ability to prioritize, time management, and organizational skills
Blue River offers competitive compensation and benefits for our full-time permanent positions, including a great 401(K) match. For those interesting in contract positions, we are also competitive in pay and you still enjoy the Blue River People team vibe! We believe in a work life balance and offer generous Paid Time Off and Sick Leave as well as Paid Parental Leave and an adoption benefit. Subsidized lunches, flexible work hours, CalTrain passes (with mobile Wi-Fi!) and a collaborative and supportive environment also contribute to making Blue River and John Deere a great place to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
About our Workplace Flexibility Model
We support each employee living a full life, enabling a thriving career and accomplishing a meaningful, challenging mission with incredible people.
We have designed our work environment to allow us each to do our work effectively, be our best selves, and be exposed to the unexpected connections and experiences that support creative innovation - all while leaving room for the other things you love.
We have been operating as “mostly remote” during the pandemic. As we transition back to the office, we are introducing our Workplace Flexibility Model. Most roles will be based out of our Sunnyvale office and balance in-office time with flexibility to support other needs you have in your life. This flexibility could be used to reduce the Bay Area commute burden by working from home a couple days a week, support parent or caregiver needs, or allow space for you to do the other things you love, whatever that might be! There are times when achieving great work is more productive when working where you work best. That’s the point of this model...flexibility for you. A few roles will be approved as fully remote. Those are determined by managers and approved by our senior team.
We anticipate following this flexibility model starting mid-July 2021 as we continue to follow local guidelines and protocol around COVID.