We’re Blue River, a team of innovators driven to radically change agriculture by creating intelligent machinery. We empower our customers – farmers - to implement more sustainable solutions: optimize chemical usage, reimagining routine processes, and improving farming yields year after year. We believe that focusing on the small stuff – pixel-by-pixel and plant-by-plant - leads to big gains. By partnering with John Deere, we are innovating computer vision, machine learning, robotics and product management to solve monumental challenges for our customers.
Our people are at the heart of what we do. Through cross-discipline collaboration, this mission-driven and daring team is eager to define the new frontier of agricultural robotics. We are always asking hard questions, rapidly iterating, and getting our boots in the field to figure it out. We won’t give up until we’ve made a tangible and positive impact on agriculture.
Blue River is seeking an experienced Senior Systems Administrator to join our IT team who will be responsible for the implementation, performance, and maintenance of our server, network, and cloud systems.
- Monitor and maintain and upgrade network infrastructure (10 gigabit copper, QSFP+, LACP aggregates)
- Support Active Directory infrastructure
- Windows Server Deployments and upgrades
- Manage Netgear switches, Wireless networks, server virtualization (VMWare)
- Assist with routine system backups and restores
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software problems on servers and certain workstations.
- Analyze systems, servers, Applications and network performance.
- Manage SSO(Okta)
- Create and maintain related documentation (Confluence)
- 5+ years of experience as Windows Network Administrator with strong Windows troubleshooting experience
- Experience with Enterprise Windows Server Infrastructure
- Strong knowledge of both Windows and Linux servers
- Experience with setting up and implementing disaster recovery and backup
- Bash/Python/Powershell scripting (for loops, while loops, multi-dimensional arrays, comparison operators)
- PfSense firewall experience (link aggregation, rules, aliases, dynamic dns, traffic shaping, load balancing, subnetting)
- Netgear switch experience (VLAN's, STP, ACL's, LACP/LAG, Routing)
- Networking Protocol Experience (TCP, UDP, IPv4, DHCP, DNS, FTP, Telnet, SNMP, SMTP, NAT, VPN(OpenVPN/IPSEC), VoIP, 802.11, RFC 1918,HTTP, HTTPS, TLS/SSL, ARP, ICMP, SSH, SOCKS, RDP, RADIS, OSI layers 2 & 3)
- Active Directory (Permissions, Groups, DNS, DHCP, WSUS, Group Policy Objects)
- Ubuntu Linux and FreeBSD experience (tcpdump, hexdump, awk, grep (with regular expressions), cut, ssh, cat, tail, head, dmesg, top, eval, pipe, xargs)
- HTTP/Web Experience (HTML, Nginx, Apache)
- Security (nmap, nessus, metasploit, hydra, aircrack-ng, Nikto, Burp Suite)
- Familiarity with Cryptography such as AES 128/192/256 using Chain Block Cipher mode (CBC)
Blue River offers competitive compensation and benefits, including a great 401(K) match. We believe in a work life balance and offer generous Paid Time Off and Sick Leave as well as Paid Parental Leave and an adoption benefit. Subsidized lunches, flexible work hours, CalTrain passes (with mobile Wi-Fi!) and a collaborative and supportive environment also contribute to making Blue River a great place to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We support each employee living a full life, enabling a thriving career and accomplishing a meaningful, challenging mission with incredible people.
We have designed our work environment to allow us each to do our work effectively, be our best selves, and be exposed to the unexpected connections and experiences that support creative innovation - all while leaving room for the other things you love.
We have been operating as “mostly remote” during the pandemic. As we transition back to the office, we are introducing our Workplace Flexibility Model. Most roles will be based out of our Sunnyvale office and balance in-office time with flexibility to support other needs you have in your life. This flexibility could be used to reduce the Bay Area commute burden by working from home a couple days a week, support parent or caregiver needs, or allow space for you to do the other things you love, whatever that might be! There are times when achieving great work is more productive when working where you work best. That’s the point of this model...flexibility for you. A few roles will be approved as fully remote. Those are determined by managers and approved by our senior team.