Field Data Capture Specialist- Construction
Blue River’s Field Operations team is seeking a Data Capture Specialist to provide temporary, seasonal support onsite at various construction sites throughout the United States. This work will be approximately 6-9 months in duration and will require a mix of construction jobsite and basic technology / software experience. It is possible the work could extend and/or convert to a permanent position.
This is an exciting opportunity to support field data collection for our cutting edge construction vehicle machine learning technology and gain valuable experience within the Artificial Intelligence and Computer Vision fields.
- Responsible for the daily collection of field data (Image capturing) at construction site locations / assigned regions
- Travel Weekly/Nightly between job locations across the U.S.; air travel, vehicle, lodging and meals will be compensated by Blue River
- Available Monday through Saturday for 8-10 hours daily; this includes travel time to and from job sites. Optional Sunday availability may be required as needed.
- Provide accurate data collection (Photo image capture) on a daily basis
- Ensure quality photo images are captured of construction equipment, humans in the construction site environment, or any other relevant images are captured
- Ensure quality image captures are completed as per test plan requirements
- Complete consistent, timely transmission of photo images to centralized repository
- Effectively manage daily / weekly work schedule accounting for travel time, site availability, and weather variables to maximize productivity
- Represent Blue River and John Deere professionally, exhibiting great customer service, exemplary personal conduct, professional appearance and demeanor
- Work hours will vary as data capture requirements migrate between day/night/dawn/dusk and unique weather conditions. 8-10 hours days will be typical, including travel time to and from job sites. Saturday/Sunday availability may be required periodically for customer-collaborator worksite access.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Experience in construction operations including exposure to construction jobsite development or material handling, or any other relative work experience with construction, agriculture or forestry
- Able to lift and carry 50 lbs; capable of working in physically demanding construction site locations for extended periods of time, during the heat of summer and the cold of winter
- Capable of using an interactive touch screen to set values, enter information via keyboard, and follow a series of steps by memory to set the machine requirements
- Familiarity with Google and Windows software for data management; eg. Sheets, Excel
- Ability to work autonomously; capable of completing work with little to no direct supervision while meeting project timelines
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills; fluent English speaker and writer
- Strong customer support & teamwork skills
Preferred Skills & Experience (not required):
- Experience in capturing / recording image data (Photographs)
- Experience or knowledge of precision construction or precision Ag equipment
- Knowledge of Computer Vision technology
- Mechanical skills
- Comfortable working with basic hand tools
- Spanish speaking ability is a plus
This position is a full time temporary, non-exempt role and is not eligible for sponsorship or third party employment.
We are committed to building a diverse team and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.