Blue River Technology & John Deere's Intelligent Solutions group serves the agricultural industry with ground-breaking computer-vision and deep learning based equipment. These machines are changing the future of farming by enabling farmers to optimize every plant in their fields. Our technology spectacularly reduces the amount of chemicals used, improves farmer profitability, and collects valuable plant-by-plant data.
John Deere & Company, with over 180 years in designing, manufacturing, and distributing innovative products to farmers, acquired Blue River Technology in the fall of 2017 as an independently-run subsidiary. In partnership with John Deere, Blue River has expanded rapidly and together both companies see many opportunities to apply sophisticated machine learning, and robotics technologies to other areas in agriculture beyond spraying.
Our teammates are located in Sunnyvale, CA, growing in Austin, TX and even remote! You will work with team members with diverse experience including machine learning, systems software, autonomous vehicles and precision agriculture. Our working environment is fast paced and highly collaborative, and employees are excited to use their talents to improve food production and protect the environment.
The Blue River People team is expanding our team of Technical Recruiters to join us and continue to keep Blue River talented, nimble and innovative - and apply the same high bar of talent in John Deere's Intelligent Solutions group. You will support strategic hiring in the most competitive job market here in Silicon Valley, Austin, TX and other Deere locations. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the entire recruiting lifecycle and enable success and achieve our mission as we double our recruiting team, to support the growth and hiring needs for both Blue River and the US Tech-stack within John Deere!
The ideal person for this role will have a diverse blend within tech recruiting, systems & tools, interviewing methodologies, talent brand, diversity & inclusion and obsessed with candidate experience. You will be a consultative partner for hiring managers and leaders within the company up to the C-suite. We’re looking for someone that’s passionate about the candidate experience, building an awesome talent brand and being a company ambassador within the tech community. Partnering with the larger people team, you’ll help us build and improve exciting capabilities for attracting the best candidates to join.
Required Professional Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years of experience recruiting; sourcing, engaging and hiring candidates into roles that require highly specialized technical skills & experience
- Amazing recruiting skills including strategic prioritization of competing reqs, high level ownership through all phases of the recruiting life-cycle and an eye for continuous process improvement.
- Exceptional partner engagement skills; capable of providing highly consultative hiring team support
- Pro-active support of candidate and hiring team experience throughout the recruiting process by exceptionally and empathetically managing the candidate journey.
- Team oriented; brings to our team a passion for collaboration, ownership and accountability - including embracing agency support to help boost talent pipelines.
- Market research capability; able to map out a highly competitive talent market and own the development of valuable candidate pipelines
- Results focused; consistent track record of placing A-Player technical talent.
- A growth demeanor; is always intellectually curious and has an agile approach to learning
Blue River offers competitive compensation and benefits for our full-time permanent positions, including a great 401(K) match. For those interesting in contract positions, we are also competitive in pay and you still enjoy the Blue River People team vibe! We believe in a work life balance and offer generous Paid Time Off and Sick Leave as well as Paid Parental Leave and an adoption benefit. Subsidized lunches, flexible work hours, CalTrain passes (with mobile Wi-Fi!) and a collaborative and supportive environment also contribute to making Blue River and John Deere a great place to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.