We’re Blue River, a team of innovators driven to radically change agriculture by creating intelligent machinery. We empower our customers – farmers - to implement more sustainable solutions: optimize chemical usage, reimagining routine processes, and improving farming yields year after year. We believe that focusing on the small stuff – pixel-by-pixel and plant-by-plant - leads to big gains. By partnering with John Deere, we are innovating computer vision, machine learning, robotics and product management to solve monumental challenges for our customers.
Our people are at the heart of what we do. Through cross-discipline collaboration, this mission-driven and daring team is eager to define the new frontier of agricultural robotics. We are always asking hard questions, rapidly iterating, and getting our boots in the field to figure it out. We won’t give up until we’ve made a tangible and positive impact on agriculture.
Are you exceptionally organized and enjoy coordinating fast-paced projects? Our team is looking for an Associate Project Manager to support our project builds, coordinating orders, and preparations for shipment. You will partner with engineering to identify vendors for procurement, maintain bill of materials, coordinate new builds and retrofits, as well as handling inventory and coordinating project shipments. This position reports directly to the Robotics Hardware Systems Manager.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Partner with hardware engineers to determine purchasing needs and requirements for production and delivery
- Collaborate with suppliers for product availability, perform comparative pricing, and establish delivery requirements/timelines
- Input and maintain online database of all products and maintaining inventory with regular updates
- Identify and resolve any and all issues related to product quality, delivery, utilization, and loss
- Creating parts kitting for product builds, integration, and deployments to the field
- Experience in purchasing and inventory control management
- Proficiency in database management, analyzing and reporting data regarding inventory issues, results, solutions
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and exercise independent judgment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both in verbal and written medium
- Ability to read and understand technical specifications and CAD drawings/BOMs
- BS in an Engineering discipline
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel
- Knowledge of Airtable, Aligni, or similar software is a plus
Blue River offers competitive compensation and benefits, including a great 401(K) match. We believe in a work life balance and offer generous Paid Time Off and Sick Leave as well as Paid Parental Leave and an adoption benefit. Subsidized lunches, flexible work hours, CalTrain passes (with mobile Wi-Fi!) and a collaborative and supportive environment also contribute to making Blue River a great place to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We support each employee living a full life, enabling a thriving career and accomplishing a meaningful, challenging mission with incredible people.
We have designed our work environment to allow us each to do our work effectively, be our best selves, and be exposed to the unexpected connections and experiences that support creative innovation - all while leaving room for the other things you love.
We have been operating as “mostly remote” during the pandemic. As we transition back to the office, we are introducing our Workplace Flexibility Model. Most roles will be based out of our Sunnyvale office and balance in-office time with flexibility to support other needs you have in your life. This flexibility could be used to reduce the Bay Area commute burden by working from home a couple days a week, support parent or caregiver needs, or allow space for you to do the other things you love, whatever that might be! There are times when achieving great work is more productive when working where you work best. That’s the point of this model...flexibility for you. A few roles will be approved as fully remote. Those are determined by managers and approved by our senior team.
We anticipate following this flexibility model starting mid-July 2021 as we continue to follow local guidelines and protocol around COVID.