Blue River Technology serves the agricultural industry with revolutionary computer-vision and deep learning based equipment. These machines are changing the future of farming by enabling farmers to optimize every plant in their fields. Our technology dramatically reduces the amount of chemicals used, improves farmer profitability, and captures valuable plant-by-plant data.
We have over 100 people on our team who come from diverse backgrounds in robotics, computer vision, machine learning, agriculture and business. As a pioneer in the space we have designed and deployed See & Spray machines that apply pesticides only where needed, reducing herbicide use by 90%.
John Deere & Company, who brings 180 years of experience in designing, manufacturing and distributing innovative products to farmers, recently acquired Blue River Technology as an independently-run subsidiary. This partnership will greatly expand the breadth of our team's innovations, reduce risk, and accelerate our joint vision for the future of farming.
We are seeking a Project Manager to join an exciting program that sits at the intersection of agriculture, machine learning, construction, autonomy, and robotics. This program has tremendous potential to help farmers, to shape global farming practices, and to have a major impact on one of America's most iconic brands. You will be joining a world-class research and engineering team to provide critical skills in improving existing systems and pushing the boundaries of this technology.
- Develop highly efficient project plans in collaboration with engineering groups with clear scope and deliverables based on requirements defined by product management and platform customers.
- Identify and manage dependencies, emphasizing cross team collaboration and communication
- Assist with prioritization and definition of customer lead initiatives. Work with product managers and engineering managers across teams to prioritize customer requests
- Manage project efforts in a lean and agile ways of working, while balancing the use of the traditional project management toolkit
- Ensure project deliveries on time in alignment with Platform and Program/Customer Objectives and Timeline
- Impartial attitude to facilitate team decisions, although finding appropriate opportunities to share opinion and drive conclusion
- Actively track projects risks related to scope, schedule and resources and escalate when necessary
- Work with Engineering and Product Managers to plan sprints and estimate deadlines for each ticket based on engineering output and project prioritization.
- Prioritize support requests and understand how they affect the project timeline.
- Create Jira Dashboards and Burndown charts to monitor development velocity and sprint health
- Conduct Bi-Weekly sprint Retrospectives
- Hold weekly 1:1s with key team leaders and conduct standups for project sub-teams
- Experience managing multiple parallel software projects
- Agile project management experience
- Adaptability and comfort in uncertainty
- Execution focused, detail oriented
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and relationships
- Ability to influence without authority
- Scrappiness and independence
- High degree of emotional and professional maturity
- High competency with JIRA, Confluence, Smartsheets
- Strong Note taker that can summarize complex technical information
- Rigorous about clear and concise communication, email, and helping everyone stay in the know
- Not afraid to push for updates and hold people accountable to deadlines!
- Penchant for Customer Service
- Scrum Master experience is desired.
Blue River offers competitive compensation and benefits, including a great 401(K) match. We believe in a work life balance and offer Paid Time Off and Sick Leave as well as Paid Parental Leave and an adoption benefit. Subsidized lunches, flexible work hours, CalTrain passes (with mobile Wi-Fi!) and a collaborative and supportive environment also contribute to making Blue River a great place to work.
We are committed to building a diverse team and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.