We’re Blue River, a team of innovators driven to radically change agriculture by creating intelligent machinery. We empower our customers – farmers - to implement more sustainable solutions: optimize chemical usage, reimagining routine processes, and improving farming yields year after year. We believe that focusing on the small stuff – pixel-by-pixel and plant-by-plant - leads to big gains. By partnering with John Deere, we are innovating computer vision, machine learning, robotics and product management to solve monumental challenges for our customers.
Our people are at the heart of what we do. Through cross-discipline collaboration, this mission-driven and daring team is eager to define the new frontier of agricultural robotics. We are always asking hard questions, rapidly iterating, and getting our boots in the field to figure it out. We won’t give up until we’ve made a tangible and positive impact on agriculture.
We are looking for a strategic leader who is committed to developing groundbreaking products for farmers that promote environmental, economic, and social sustainability by using advanced technology to solve real problems. You will join a dynamic new program that sits at the intersection of agriculture, machine learning, and robotics. Details are confidential but, similar to Blue River's existing See & Spray product, this program has tremendous potential to help farmers, to shape global farming practices, and to have a major impact on one of America's most iconic brands.
In this role you will develop and communicate a deep understanding of our customer and their needs through in-depth research, identify and assess opportunities to create products, define and prioritize product initiatives, and collaborate with engineering to deliver these to the market.
- Build a deep empathy and understanding of both the customer and the market by developing and supporting qualitative and quantitative customer research including in person interviews, surveys, focus groups, and academic/government/industry data
- Translate customer needs and opportunities into products and features with clear, concise requirements that bring the product to life
- Identify, research, define, execute and prioritize product development initiatives in collaboration with cross-functional engineering teams balancing performance, complexity value, and speed to market
- Lead product development initiatives through their full cycle, from ideation to lab and field testing, to customer validation and ultimately commercialization
- Drive continuous improvement in the way we build product at Blue River
- Define objectives and landmarks, then measure and track progress towards achieving those objectives
- Collaborate with leadership on the long term product vision and strategy
- Evaluate new market opportunities from the perspective of customer needs, product fit, and business opportunity
- Minimum 5+ years of experience as a product manager in a technology company
- Experience taking a product from concept to launch
- Experience in robotics, AI, industrial automation or enterprise solutions
- Confirmed ability to influence, collaborate, and engage with others from diverse backgrounds ranging from engineers, to computer vision researchers, to agronomists, to field technicians, to growers
- Excellent communication skills and ability to articulate technical product information in a clear, concise and creative manner
- BS degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience (MBA preferred)
- Experience with or knowledge of agriculture, agricultural technology or equipment
- Experience with products that utilize Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Entrepreneurial experience taking a product from ideation to commercialization
- International experience (Portuguese language proficiency a plus!)
Blue River offers competitive compensation and benefits, including a great 401(K) match. We believe in a work life balance and offer generous Paid Time Off and Sick Leave as well as Paid Parental Leave and an adoption benefit. Subsidized lunches, flexible work hours, CalTrain passes (with mobile Wi-Fi!) and a collaborative and supportive environment also contribute to making Blue River a great place to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We support each employee living a full life, enabling a thriving career and accomplishing a meaningful, challenging mission with incredible people.
We have designed our work environment to allow us each to do our work effectively, be our best selves, and be exposed to the unexpected connections and experiences that support creative innovation - all while leaving room for the other things you love.
We have been operating as “mostly remote” during the pandemic. As we transition back to the office, we are introducing our Workplace Flexibility Model. Most roles will be based out of our Sunnyvale office and balance in-office time with flexibility to support other needs you have in your life. This flexibility could be used to reduce the Bay Area commute burden by working from home a couple days a week, support parent or caregiver needs, or allow space for you to do the other things you love, whatever that might be! There are times when achieving great work is more productive when working where you work best. That’s the point of this model...flexibility for you. A few roles will be approved as fully remote. Those are determined by managers and approved by our senior team.
We anticipate following this flexibility model starting mid-July 2021 as we continue to follow local guidelines and protocol around COVID.