We’re Blue River, a team of innovators driven to radically change agriculture by creating intelligent machinery. We empower our customers – farmers - to implement more sustainable solutions: optimize chemical usage, reimagining routine processes, and improving farming yields year after year. We believe that focusing on the small stuff – pixel-by-pixel and plant-by-plant - leads to big gains. By partnering with John Deere, we are innovating computer vision, machine learning, robotics and product management to solve monumental challenges for our customers.
Our people are at the heart of what we do. Through cross-discipline collaboration, this mission-driven and daring team is eager to define the new frontier of agricultural robotics. We are always asking hard questions, rapidly iterating, and getting our boots in the field to figure it out. We won’t give up until we’ve made a tangible and positive impact on agriculture.
We are looking for an experienced Learning and Development Partner to help build and implement all aspects of organizational development that support continuous learning and improvement, including training, professional and leadership development and managing our online learning platform.
This position reports to the Director, HRBP and Talent Management. This is a Sunnyvale Flex contract role – expected to last approximately 6 months with the potential to convert to full time. Our workforce model offers hybrid in-office work with approximately 60% of time to be spent in our Sunnyvale office once we officially return to the office (date TBD).
- Support the design, development, delivery, and iteration of core learning content and programs using a variety of mediums (virtual and in-person) to drive learning goals and promote inclusion and belonging
- Own, deliver and coordinate new employee orientation and on-boarding sessions (with support from HRBP team)
- Work with the HRBPs, cross-functional partners, and leaders to understand and prioritize needs of our team members
- Own online training platform (Cornerstone) create a content calendar and share appropriate content for employees
- Develop, facilitate and/or lead new manager training
- Support training across the organization – i.e collaborate with function owners to develop and deliver training (i.e. safety, recruiting,)
- Foster continuous improvement by measuring effectiveness and impact of programs and driving on-going growth
- Develop communication strategies to drive participation and engagement in People and Learning and Development programs and prompt continual learning following workshops and other related events
- Help assess external learning and development vendors; partner with them to drive content development and delivery as needed
- BS Degree in related field
- 5+ years of relevant experience in corporate learning or related experience building, delivering, and measuring high-impact learning experiences to a diverse audience
- Experience developing learning on various platforms
- Demonstrated customer focus and strong action orientation
- Ability to think strategically, independently, and creatively, and take ownership of critical issues
- Knowledge of and experience in team dynamics, career and leadership development
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; the ability to produce written communication; speak comfortably to people one-on-one, in small groups and to large audiences
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.