We’re Blue River, a team of innovators driven to radically change agriculture by creating intelligent machinery. We empower our customers – farmers - to implement more sustainable solutions: optimize chemical usage, reimagining routine processes, and improving farming yields year after year. We believe that focusing on the small stuff – pixel-by-pixel and plant-by-plant - leads to big gains. By partnering with John Deere, we are innovating computer vision, machine learning, robotics and product management to solve monumental challenges for our customers.
Our people are at the heart of what we do. Through cross-discipline collaboration, this mission-driven and daring team is eager to define the new frontier of agricultural robotics. We are always asking hard questions, rapidly iterating, and getting our boots in the field to figure it out. We won’t give up until we’ve made a tangible and positive impact on agriculture.
We are looking for a passionate individuals who are excited about developing groundbreaking products for farmers that promote environmental, economic, and social sustainability by using advanced technology (such as computer vision and machine learning) to solve real problems.
In this role you will develop and communicate a deep understanding of our customer and their needs through in-depth research, identify and assess opportunities to create products, define and prioritize product initiatives, and collaborate with engineering to deliver these to the market.
- Translate customer needs and opportunities into products and features with clear, concise requirements that bring the product to life
- Identify, research, define, execute and prioritize product development initiatives in collaboration with cross-functional engineering teams balancing performance, complexity value, and speed to market
- Support a release cycle and customer adoption through conducting acceptance testing
- Define measures for success and ship products and features that help your team achieve those metrics!
- Track progress towards achieving key objectives for the product organization
- Experience as a product manager or software engineer in a technology company and/or university project experience or internship in the fields of product or product marketing
- Enthusiasm for creating impactful products that empower users
- Proven ability to influence, collaborate, and engage with others from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate technical product information in a clear, concise and creative manner
- Delivery focus and a strong understanding of the software development challenges faced by cross-functional engineering teams
- Strong organizational, planning and problem solving skills with an ability to resolve ambiguity and traverse between high level strategy and low-level details
- Growth mindset with ability to quickly learn and apply experience to new technologies, domains and problems
- Experience with or knowledge of agriculture, agricultural technology or equipment
- Experience with products that utilize Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Entrepreneurial experience taking a product from ideation to commercialization
- Previous computer science classes, particularly with AWS/Kubernetes, Cloud Deployments, Database Creation & Querying, MVC Web App Stack