We’re Blue River, a team of innovators driven to radically change agriculture by creating intelligent machinery. We empower our customers – farmers - to implement more sustainable solutions: optimize chemical usage, reimagining routine processes, and improving farming yields year after year. We believe that focusing on the small stuff – pixel-by-pixel and plant-by-plant - leads to big gains. By partnering with John Deere, we are innovating computer vision, machine learning, robotics and product management to solve monumental challenges for our customers.
Our people are at the heart of what we do. Through cross-discipline collaboration, this mission-driven and daring team is eager to define the new frontier of agricultural robotics. We are always asking hard questions, rapidly iterating, and getting our boots in the field to figure it out. We won’t give up until we’ve made a tangible and positive impact on agriculture.
We are looking for a passionate individual who is excited about developing groundbreaking products for farmers that promote environmental, economic, and social sustainability by using advanced technology to solve real problems.
In this role you will develop and communicate a deep understanding of our customer and their needs through in-depth research, identify and assess opportunities to create products, define and prioritize product initiatives, and collaborate with engineering to deliver these to the market.
- Support the product marketing initiatives through their full cycle over the course of the Summer field season.
- Lead the primary data capture from surveys, along with in-person and phone interviews, with customers to create data summaries and generate marketing content like short videos.
- Develop strategies, techniques, tools, and content to increase Blue River's understanding of customers, the market, and competition.
- Gain critical marketing experience developing and communicating personas, use-cases, and the value proposition for a new product offering through engaging with the product team, marketing, engineering and customers during Summer 2022.
- Contribute to the team’s overall success by supporting and participating in any stage of the product development process as needed.
- Enrollment in or completion of Bachelor’s degree program in Agriculture or Business related field (Master’s degree preferred)
- Strong interest in product marketing
- Exceptional organizational, planning and problem-solving skills with an ability to communicate
- Comfortable in a customer facing role with direct interaction with diverse stakeholders
- Experience with ingesting, organizing, and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data to provide insights
- Excellent written and verbal communication / presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex ideas clearly and concisely
- Willingness to travel to agriculture test sites and/or farms to interview and engage with farmers
- Curiosity and willingness to learn
- Interest and experience in agricultural or sustainability-focused industries
- Experience with products that utilize Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning