Blue River Technology serves the agricultural industry with revolutionary computer-vision and deep learning-based equipment. These machines are changing the future of farming by enabling agricultural producers to optimize every plant in their fields. Our technology has the potential to reduce the amount of chemicals applied, improve profitability, and capture valuable plant-by-plant data. Blue River Technology is an independently-run subsidiary of Deere & Company based in Sunnyvale, CA.
Note: These positions will not start until May of 2022
The Agronomic Trial Specialist will support research activities for See & Spray™ technology with a focus on weed control in soybean and cotton production systems. The role involves field trial research that will include, but is not limited to, work in the following areas:
- General setup of field trials, including marking of treatment boundaries prior to application
- Assist Blue River Field Engineers on the days of application, which will include data collection immediately following treatment while wearing appropriate PPE to identify treated plants
- Collection of weed control efficacy data at designated times after each application as directed by the Blue River Agronomy team
- Assist with sprayer demonstration days as directed by the Blue River Marketing team per region
- Assist with sprayer experiments as directed by the Blue River Engineering team and Field Engineers
- Evaluation of weed control within trials that include plant counts and visual assessments
- Overnight travel to various field trial locations in the assigned region
- Ideal for current or recent undergraduate students pursuing a degree in agronomy, agribusiness, crop sciences, application technology, or related field.
- Ability to understand and interact with agricultural technology and machinery
- Exceptional understanding of row crop production agriculture
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; fluent English speaker and writer
- Can work independently and without constant supervision or direction
- Ability to work well in a highly collaborative and multidisciplinary environment
- Physically able to work in hot environments with PPE gear within recently treated fields
- Valid driver’s license
The anticipated start date of the three-month position is May 2022 with work through July 2022, but potentially extending into August (season dependent). Start and end dates can be flexible based availability. The position is full-time during the 3-month period with expectations of working 40-60 hours per week. The Agronomic Trial Specialist will be provided a company truck and fuel card, as well as expense reimbursement for travel to research locations during the duration of the position. Positions are available in the Midwestern region that would include the states of Iowa, Illinois, and Indiana or the Mid-South region that include the states of Arkansas and Mississippi.
This position is a full time temporary, non-exempt role and is not eligible for sponsorship or third party employment. Compensation is hourly, and significant overtime opportunities may exist.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.