We’re Blue River, a team of innovators driven to radically change agriculture by creating intelligent machinery. We empower our customers – farmers - to implement more sustainable solutions: optimize chemical usage, reimagining routine processes, and improving farming yields year after year. We believe that focusing on the small stuff – pixel-by-pixel and plant-by-plant - leads to big gains. By partnering with John Deere, we are innovating computer vision, machine learning, robotics and product management to solve monumental challenges for our customers.
The Talent Innovation and Brand team at Blue River Technology is focused on leveraging our skills as a team to delight our candidates and our hiring managers. We look at process as a way to enable and keep our hiring nimble, not to bog the experience down! We think about how we can help scale Blue River Technology hiring in alignment with our scrappy culture. Creativity and empowerment form our team DNA and organization, thoughtfulness and teamwork power what we do every day.
The ideal person for this role will have a diverse blend within technical recruiting, systems & tools, interviewing methodologies, talent brand, diversity & inclusion and obsessed with candidate experience. You will be the consultative partner and critical lead for our Field Operations Support. Your creativity, organization and client focus will drive seasonal and full-time hiring for the ever growing (pun intended!) Field Operations teams. You will be hiring for critical roles that form the input basis for so much of what makes Blue River unique. We’re looking for someone that’s passionate about bettering candidate experience, building an awesome talent brand and being a company ambassador within the tech community. Partnering with the larger people team, you’ll help us build and improve exciting capabilities for attracting the best candidates to join.
Required Professional Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years of experience recruiting; sourcing, engaging and hiring candidates in high volume or seasonal roles, with a strong bias towards roles that have required some technical or university experience
- A fixer or a finder of fixers - able to confidently use their knowledge to assist our hiring managers or to know how to find the person who can!
- Client rocking recruiting skills including strategic prioritization of critical requisitions, high level ownership through all phases of the recruiting life-cycle and an eye for continuous process improvement.
- Exceptional partner engagement skills; capable of providing highly consultative hiring team support. This role will be the one our Field team calls first and comes with exciting ownership and responsibility!
- Pro-active support of candidate and hiring team experience throughout the recruiting process by exceptionally and empathetically managing the candidate journey.
- Team oriented; brings to our team a passion for collaboration, ownership and accountability - including embracing agency support to help boost talent pipelines.
- Market research capability; able to map out a highly competitive talent market and own the development of valuable candidate pipelines for our teams across multiple sites
- Results focused; consistent track record of placing A-Player technical talent.
- A growth demeanor; is always intellectually curious and has an agile approach to learning
Blue River offers competitive compensation and benefits for our full-time permanent positions, including a great 401(K) match. For those interesting in contract positions, we are also competitive in pay and you still enjoy the Blue River People team vibe! We believe in a work life balance and offer generous Paid Time Off and Sick Leave as well as Paid Parental Leave and an adoption benefit. Subsidized lunches, flexible work hours, CalTrain passes (with mobile Wi-Fi!) and a collaborative and supportive environment also contribute to making Blue River and John Deere a great place to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.