There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before! You will work with some of the world’s brightest minds are taking on the biggest technical challenges. If you want to be tackle hard technical challenges alongside excellent people and make the world a better, we want to work with you!
Our people are at the heart of what we do. Through cross-discipline collaboration, this mission-driven and daring team is eager to define the new frontier of agricultural robotics. We are always asking hard questions, rapidly iterating, and getting our boots in the field to figure it out. We won’t give up until we’ve made a tangible and positive impact on agriculture.
As a Product Manager for the John Deere Intelligent Solutions Group (ISG), located in Urbandale, IA / Moline, IL or Remote, you will champion, define & deliver engineering tools that manage onboard vehicle data for use by data scientists and software engineers to create customer and business value.
- Define the vision and strategy for engineering tools and libraries that enable engineers and data scientists to better manage and utilize vehicle data.
- Prioritize a roadmap of problems to be solved and lead a cross functional team of data engineers and data architects to solve them
- Collaborate with key internal customers in embedded software development, data science, and engineering across business units to ensure that data is properly categorized, labeled and sustainable for product development and value creation.
- Partner with other Product Managers, Product Owners, & Analytics professionals to unify our data management practices for maximum impact.
- 3 or more years experience in a digital product management role building data products and/or engineering tools.
- Solid experience in creating or contributing to building data lineage products.
- Ability to think strategically but also deep dive into understanding the data itself down into vehicle control embedded systems code base.
- Ability to craft solutions to complex problems leveraging data and analytics tools.
- Ability to lead cross-cutting initiatives that span multiple functional areas or business groups.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to inspire and rally a team.
- Solid design sensibilities and ability to create simple products that users love.
- A passion for agriculture, construction, and technology and its potential to enhance lives.
- Familiarity with programming/coding concepts.
- Undergraduate degree in statistics, computer science, engineering or similar.
WORKING AT DEERE
At John Deere, you are empowered to build the career of your dreams. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to solve problems creatively and the sophisticated tools and technology that cultivate innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.