There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before! You will work with some of the world’s brightest minds are taking on the biggest technical challenges. If you want to be tackle hard technical challenges alongside excellent people and make the world a better, we want to work with you!
Our people are at the heart of what we do. Through cross-discipline collaboration, this mission-driven and daring team is eager to define the new frontier of agricultural robotics. We are always asking hard questions, rapidly iterating, and getting our boots in the field to figure it out. We won’t give up until we’ve made a tangible and positive impact on agriculture.
As a Senior Product Site Reliability Engineer for John Deere Intelligent Solutions Group (ISG), located in Milan, IL, you will be responsible for the reliability, resiliency, and security of the internal Dashboard applications.
- Have a broad understanding of technology and develops creative solutions for resiliency, reliability, and security for applications.
- Have an ability to anticipate product failure and automate solutions for failure modes and recovery.
- Lead in the solution of complex problems within a component or team by identifying and organizing necessary resources. Acts as technical advisor for the team.
- Evaluate and implement enhancement design solutions to improve cost, quality, and performance of software applications.
- Execute and produce necessary support and playbook documentation, as directed, or needed.
- Collaborate with other site reliability engineers and product team members to ensure that features meet business needs.
- Participate in problem post mortems to understand issues, learn from issues, and share any changes in automation, recovery, and documentation internal teams.
- 5 or more years experience in software development including knowledge of computer science/engineering.
- Proven experience in developing applications using AWS services (RDS, EC2, S3, SQS, EMR, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability with Drone, Jenkins, or CI/CD tools.
- Extensive experience using Java and Scala standards/practices.
- Strong communication and leadership skills including relationship management and conflict management skills.
- Experience with Terraform or other cloud agnostic tools.
- Unix/Linux administration experience.
- Experience developing with Java, Python, Groovy, Ruby, Bash or other common languages used in AWS.
- Working with offshore development teams.
WORKING AT DEERE
At John Deere, you are empowered to build the career of your dreams. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to solve problems creatively and the sophisticated tools and technology that cultivate innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.