We’re Blue River, a team of innovators driven to radically change agriculture by creating intelligent machinery. We empower our customers – farmers - to implement more sustainable solutions: optimize chemical usage, reimagining routine processes, and improving farming yields year after year. We believe that focusing on the small stuff – pixel-by-pixel and plant-by-plant - leads to big gains. By partnering with John Deere, we are innovating computer vision, machine learning, robotics and product management to solve monumental challenges for our customers.
Our people are at the heart of what we do. Through cross-discipline collaboration, this mission-driven and daring team is eager to define the new frontier of agricultural robotics. We are always asking hard questions, rapidly iterating, and getting our boots in the field to figure it out. We won’t give up until we’ve made a tangible and positive impact on agriculture.
The Finance and Administration team at Blue River Technology is seeking a full-time Office Coordinator to support the organization, administration and operations of our headquarters in Sunnyvale, CA.
This is an exciting opportunity perfect for someone looking to diversify their administrative experience. We are a fast-paced environment and are looking for someone who has exceptional multi-tasking abilities and takes initiative to get the job done. Customer service is extremely important in the position, as are exceptional organizational skills. Typical Schedule: M-F 8:00am - 5:00pm (with flexibility as needed for meetings, events, etc).
- Be the first point of contact for guests and employees, ensuring that everyone who enters Blue River has a friendly and fun experience
- Ensure the office is clean, stocked, organized, and welcoming to employees and customers alike. This includes maintaining work spaces that are not only comfortable, but organized and professional.
- Inventory management: appropriately track, order and maintain office and kitchen/snacks supplies with strong attention to detail
- Managing the company’s travel programs including: liaising with our travel agency and handling the travel and expense credit card program
- Event planning: full-cycle coordination and logistics for company parties, offsites, and in-office lunch events
- Assist with the ordering of company's branded merchandise, ensuring branding meets the company brand standards
- Handle the company’s drink, snack and meal programs as well as other on-site services
- Coordinating and managing relationships with various vendors
- Preparing new hire workstations, working with facilities and people team staff
- Assist with various office projects as requested working independently and taking projects from conception to completion
Required Professional Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years of experience working in an office support/administrative/operations environment
- Skilled communicator with the ability to interact professionally with all levels of the organization
- Able to function well under pressure, make decisions quickly and manage confidential information
- Innovative thinker with ability to execute on plans
- High initiative with ability to work with little supervision
- Ability to prioritize multiple incoming requests
- Exceptional customer service skills
Blue River offers competitive compensation and benefits, including a great 401(K) match. We believe in a work life balance and offer generous Paid Time Off and Sick Leave as well as Paid Parental Leave and an adoption benefit. Subsidized lunches, flexible work hours, CalTrain passes (with mobile Wi-Fi!) and a collaborative and supportive environment also contribute to making Blue River a great place to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We support each employee living a full life, enabling a thriving career and accomplishing a meaningful, challenging mission with incredible people.
We have designed our work environment to allow us each to do our work effectively, be our best selves, and be exposed to the unexpected connections and experiences that support creative innovation - all while leaving room for the other things you love.
We have been operating as “mostly remote” during the pandemic. As we transition back to the office, we are introducing our Workplace Flexibility Model. Most roles will be based out of our Sunnyvale office and balance in-office time with flexibility to support other needs you have in your life. This flexibility could be used to reduce the Bay Area commute burden by working from home a couple days a week, support parent or caregiver needs, or allow space for you to do the other things you love, whatever that might be! There are times when achieving great work is more productive when working where you work best. That’s the point of this model...flexibility for you. A few roles will be approved as fully remote. Those are determined by managers and approved by our senior team.
We anticipate following this flexibility model as we continue to follow local guidelines and protocol around COVID.