There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before! You will work with some of the world’s brightest minds are taking on the biggest technical challenges. If you want to be tackle hard technical challenges alongside excellent people and make the world a better, we want to work with you!
Our people are at the heart of what we do. Through cross-discipline collaboration, this mission-driven and daring team is eager to define the new frontier of agricultural robotics. We are always asking hard questions, rapidly iterating, and getting our boots in the field to figure it out. We won’t give up until we’ve made a tangible and positive impact on agriculture.
The John Deere Intelligent Solutions Group is looking for a Sr. Product Manager to lead the Connected Fleet strategy and product roadmap. This role is a unique opportunity to craft connectivity solutions that create value for customers by connecting machines to the cloud and leveraging data to enable better decisions. In this role, you will deeply understand the needs of customers, define and prioritize the Connectivity product roadmap, and will be ultimately responsible for the success of these solutions in the market. Join a team that is passionate about helping customers run better so life can leap forward.
- Define and communicate a vision, strategy and roadmap that solves customer pain points and creates long lasting value by connecting the fleet of John Deere’s customers.
- Work directly with customers, dealers, and internal teams to deeply understand customer needs and lead a cross functional team to craft solutions and bring them to market.
- Use your domain experience, technical knowledge, and business judgement to understand what is technically possible and strategically important to the business.
- Shape the data acquisition strategy and approach for connected machines to power customer decisions and continuously improve our products and services.
- Envision and create the next generation of connectivity solutions for John Deere – exploring new technologies such as 5G and LEO satellite communications and the business opportunities they create.
- 5 or more years of experience in product development (software and/or hardware).
- 3 or more years of experience in a technology Product Management or similar role.
- Experience working with customers and engineers with proven ability to rally a team to build great products.
- Intellectual agility and ability to be resilient and tenacious to thrive in a changing environment with high levels of ambiguity.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to take initiative to build strong and productive relationships and communicate clearly to audiences of all levels.
- Strong independent judgement, problem solving skills, and ability to make timely decisions in the best interests of the customer and the company.
- Expertise in understanding industry trends, impact of external and internal forces on business planning and execution, and the competitive environment.
- A passion for agriculture, construction, and technology and its potential to enhance lives.
- Experience and solid understanding of telecommunication, wireless technologies, and associated global regulations. (cellular, satellite, spectrum, BLE, WiFi, UWB, etc)
- Experience defining and implementing new business models to support product and business strategies globally.
- Technical experience with off-road agriculture and construction vehicles and networks.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage data and analytics to identify opportunities and solve problems.
- Proven track record of discovering and negotiating new agreements to create new business opportunities.
- Strong history of building strategic relationships internally and externally to lead teams and fuel results.
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, business, or similar discipline
WORKING AT DEERE
At John Deere, you are empowered to build the career of your dreams. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to solve problems creatively and the sophisticated tools and technology that cultivate innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.