There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before! You will work with some of the world’s brightest minds are taking on the biggest technical challenges. If you want to be tackle hard technical challenges alongside excellent people and make the world a better, we want to work with you!
Our people are at the heart of what we do. Through cross-discipline collaboration, this mission-driven and daring team is eager to define the new frontier of agricultural robotics. We are always asking hard questions, rapidly iterating, and getting our boots in the field to figure it out. We won’t give up until we’ve made a tangible and positive impact on agriculture.
Would you like to play a part in the next agricultural revolution? As a Lead Data Scientist, for John Deere’s Intelligent Services Group (ISG), you will join a team leveraging disparate datasets across John Deere for advanced analytics and model building in order to enable intelligent, automated equipment and improved decisions by farmers. Our team partners with product managers and data engineers to design, scale, and deliver full stack data science solutions. Join a team that is passionate about making a difference by applying cutting edge technology to solve some of the world's biggest problems.
- Architect, design, and deliver production-ready machine learning approaches to personalize customers John Deere digital interactions.
- Work with large and disparate customer data, to understand the customer experience over time across multiple channels.
- Explore, build, and test creative solutions to problems dealing with unstructured data and unsupervised learning techniques.
- Be a vocal, visible presence in collaborating with product managers, engineers, and other internal stakeholders of our team.
- Communicate with impact your findings and methodologies to stakeholders at multiple levels.
- Provide technical guidance, coaching and supervision for junior data scientists and actively peer review science within the team.
- In this role, you will regularly deliver high quality, innovative results while working closely with other data scientists, engineers, and domain experts across the company. We believe in continuous improvement and are seeking a motivated person who wishes to grow their own skills while helping Deere deliver on its vision for helping farmers feed the world.
- 7 or more years of data science experience.
- 3 or more years in developing predictive ML / AI systems and with a strong track record of improving models through feature engineering.
- Strong experience with Python and use of software engineering best practices.
- Demonstrated experience delivering reliable and accurate data science solutions into production systems at scale.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex analytical insights in a manner which is clearly understandable by non-experts.
- An interest in recruiting, hiring, and guiding a team of 2-4 data scientists to work under your direction.
- A curious and inquisitive mind, with a desire to understand and solve problems.
- Experience with using unsupervised learning techniques to drive customer personalization across multiple channels.
- Experience building predictive models from precision agriculture data.
- Expertise feature engineering with large disparate datasets.
- Prior supervisory experience and strong interest in growing and developing others.
- Experience working with Spark.
- Demonstrated ability to function in a fast paced, collaborative team environment that is distributed across time zones and locations.
- A strong track record of contributions to the data science community.
- Previous experience in agriculture or embedded systems.
- Bachelor's and/or Advanced degree with specialization in statistics, engineering, data science, computer vision, machine learning, mathematics, or computer science OR equivalent work experience.
WORKING AT DEERE
At John Deere, you are empowered to build the career of your dreams. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to solve problems creatively and the sophisticated tools and technology that cultivate innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.