We’re Blue River, a team of innovators driven to radically change agriculture by creating intelligent machinery. We empower our customers – farmers - to implement more sustainable solutions: optimize chemical usage, reimagining routine processes, and improving farming yields year after year. We believe that focusing on the small stuff – pixel-by-pixel and plant-by-plant - leads to big gains. By partnering with John Deere, we are innovating computer vision, machine learning, robotics and product management to solve monumental challenges for our customers.
Our people are at the heart of what we do. Through cross-discipline collaboration, this mission-driven and daring team is eager to define the new frontier of agricultural robotics. We are always asking hard questions, rapidly iterating, and getting our boots in the field to figure it out. We won’t give up until we’ve made a tangible and positive impact on agriculture.
We are looking for a self-driven systems engineer who will help us design, build and integrate our complex high performance robotics software system. You will be working with distributed multi-functional engineering and product management teams across a broad range of disciplines including robotics and system software, mechatronics, user interfaces, data pipelines and analytics, as well as computer vision and machine learning. Our See and Spray machines significantly reduce chemical usage while protecting the environment and improving food quality!
In this software integration focused role, the ideal candidate will contribute to our code base as well as:
- Collaboratively identify, develop, document and communicate software and interface requirements
- Facilitate and prioritize architecture decisions, tradeoff analysis and bug fixes
- Produce detailed analysis of intended system behaviors and help define software architecture to achieve those behaviors
- Engage with specialists to identify characteristics and limitations of domain specific software implementations
- Develop verification and validation plans against system requirements and drive discussions across teams to ensure coverage
- Play an active role in the planning and execution processes with key partners such as SW architects, technical leads, product management and leadership.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Fluency in modern C++ to be able to understand, review and ideally contribute to our Linux based real time system development
- You enjoy crafting sophisticated systems involving complex interactions between tightly orchestrated multi-disciplinary components.
- You are a strong teammate who strives in an agile environment.
- Your customer obsession is contagious.
- CAN systems and protocols
- Ethernet TCP/IP communication systems and protocols
- Knowledge of publisher/subscriber based communication and serialization libraries
- Experience developing real-time robotics, computer vision and control systems
- Linux based system development
- System analysis and parametric modeling
- MS in a related field
- 5+ years of industrial experience
- Track record of shipping robotic software systems to end customers
Blue River offers competitive compensation and benefits, including a great 401(K) match. We believe in a work life balance and offer generous Paid Time Off and Sick Leave as well as Paid Parental Leave and an adoption benefit. Subsidized lunches, flexible work hours, CalTrain passes (with mobile Wi-Fi!) and a collaborative and supportive environment also contribute to making Blue River a great place to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.