About Blue River
Blue River Technology serves the agricultural industry by designing and building advanced farm machines that utilize computer vision and machine learning to enable farmers to understand and manage every plant. These machines help farmers to improve profitability, protect the environment by reducing pesticide use, and captures valuable plant-by-plant data. Blue River is a pioneer in the agricultural robotics space and has developed the See & Spray precision sprayer, which applies pesticide only where needed, and can reduce pesticide use 90%.
John Deere & Company, with over 180 years of experience in designing, manufacturing, and distributing innovative products to farmers, acquired Blue River Technology in the fall of 2017 as an independently-run subsidiary. In partnership with John Deere, Blue River has expanded rapidly and together both companies see many opportunities to apply advanced computer vision, machine learning, and robotics technologies to other areas in agriculture beyond spraying.
Blue River is based in Sunnyvale, CA and has 100+ team members with diverse experience including computer vision, machine learning, systems software, autonomous vehicles and precision agriculture. Our working environment is fast paced and highly collaborative, and employees are excited to use their talents to improve food production and protect the environment.
We’re seeking a talented IT Support Technician to join our growing team and provide world class end user support at Blue River.
- Responsible for solving issues, driving enhancements, and improving support for all IT end-user related functions on a day to day basis.
- Act as a primary contact for internal Blue River Technology support requests.
- Provides service, maintenance, repairs and upgrades for all computers and peripherals as well as routine moves, adds and changes.
- Assist remote users through chat using Bomgar with access problems ranging from password resets to network access failures.
- Educates Blue River Technology employees on basic computing functions.
- Provide technical troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Working knowledge of video collaboration to provide basic A/V support on our Crestron, Cisco and Google systems.
- User-facing support of Android and iOS mobile devices.
- Support Google Enterprise messaging & calendaring services and content collaboration.
- Troubleshoots client-side network connectivity issues, including digital authentication, remote access, secure Aruba Wi-Fi and wired connectivity to the internal network.
- Performs break/fix or remote installations as needed.
- Triage, assign, and escalate all incoming tickets via Jira.
- On-boarding of new hires; prepare new hire hardware for deployment.
- Termination of leaving employees.
- Responsible for maintaining local inventory accuracy and coordinating equipment logistics.
- Order, receive, unboxing and organizing deliveries.
- Track and issue hardware, software, and peripherals.
Required Professional Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field of study or equivalent professional experience
- 3+ years of progressive experience in an IT support role