We’re Blue River, a team of innovators driven to radically change agriculture by creating intelligent machinery. We empower our customers – farmers - to implement more sustainable solutions: optimize chemical usage, reimagining routine processes, and improving farming yields year after year. We believe that focusing on the small stuff – pixel-by-pixel and plant-by-plant - leads to big gains. By partnering with John Deere, we are innovating computer vision, machine learning, robotics and product management to solve monumental challenges for our customers.
Our people are at the heart of what we do. Through cross-discipline collaboration, this passionate and daring team is eager to define the new frontier of agricultural robotics. We are always asking hard questions, rapidly iterating, and getting our boots in the field to figure it out. We won’t give up until we’ve made a tangible and positive impact on agriculture.
We announced our flagship autonomous tractor at the Consumer Electronics Show in January 2022 in collaboration with our parent company John Deere (checkout the video here). As our vision for the autonomous farm takes shape, our team is looking to expand by adding a Senior Product Manager to collaboratively build the product roadmap to bring autonomy to vehicles across agriculture. In this role you will develop and communicate a deep understanding of our customer and their needs through in-depth research, identify and assess opportunities to build products and features, define and prioritize product initiatives, and collaborate with engineering to deliver these to the market.
- Build a deep appreciation and understanding of the customer and the market by developing and supporting qualitative and quantitative customer research including in person interviews, surveys, focus groups, and academic/government/industry data
- Translate customer needs and opportunities into products and features with clear, concise requirements that bring the product to life
- Identify, research, define, implement and prioritize product development initiatives in collaboration with cross-functional engineering teams balancing performance, complexity value, and speed to market
- Lead product development initiatives through their full cycle, from ideation to lab and field testing, to customer validation and ultimately commercialization
- Drive continuous improvement in the way we build product at Blue River
- Define achievements and metrics, then measure and supervise progress towards achieving them
- Collaborate with leadership on the long term product vision and strategy
- Evaluate new market opportunities from the perspective of customer needs, product fit, and business opportunity
- 4+ years of total work experience in related or similar roles
- 2+ years of direct experience as a product manager in a technology company
- Passion for creating impactful products that empower users
- Proven track record to influence, collaborate, and engage with others from a diverse set of backgrounds ranging from engineers, to computer vision researchers, to agronomists, to field technicians, to growers
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate technical product information in a clear, concise and creative manner
- Delivery focus and a proven understanding of the software development challenges faced by cross-functional engineering teams
- Strong organizational, planning and problem solving skills with an ability to resolve ambiguity and traverse between high level strategy and low-level details
- Growth mindset with ability to quickly learn and apply experience to new technologies, domains and problems
- BA/BS degree in a technical or business equivalent, MBA/MS preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Experience with or knowledge of autonomous vehicles, robotics for agriculture
- Experience with products that apply Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Entrepreneurial experience taking a product from ideation to commercialization
Blue River offers competitive compensation, including: healthcare and retirement benefits, commuter benefits such as CalTrain passes, mobile Wi-Fi hotspots, and flexible work hours.