We’re Blue River, a team of innovators driven to radically change agriculture by creating intelligent machinery. We empower our customers – farmers - to implement more sustainable solutions: optimize chemical usage, reimagining routine processes, and improving farming yields year after year. We believe that focusing on the small stuff – pixel-by-pixel and plant-by-plant - leads to big gains. By partnering with John Deere, we are innovating computer vision, machine learning, robotics and product management to solve monumental challenges for our customers.
Our people are at the heart of what we do. Through cross-discipline collaboration, this mission-driven and daring team is eager to define the new frontier of agricultural robotics. We are always asking hard questions, rapidly iterating, and getting our boots in the field to figure it out. We won’t give up until we’ve made a tangible and positive impact on agriculture.
We are currently seeking an Assistant Facilities Manager/Facilities Technician to perform and manage facilities-related duties. Reporting to the Facilities Manager, as part of the Finance & Administration team, this position will be heavily involved in day-to-day facilities operations and programs. You will be a key team member in a rapidly growing startup-like environment and be responsible for providing and maintaining working space and services that allow Blue River employees to do their best work. This position will support our Sunnyvale, CA office as well as support remotely our other US offices.
This position requires the individual to exercise judgment and initiative, practice a high degree of flexibility, operate effectively in a fast-moving environment, and multi-task to get the job done. This is an on-site temporary full-time position.
Education and Work Experience
2-3 years of facilities administration or facilities services (Degree is a plus)
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Attention to detail
- Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to handle complicated matters and/or complaints calmly, courteously, and diplomatic manner
- Ability to identify areas of concern that require fixing or immediate repair
- Ability to perform light maintenance work i.e., painting, lighting, cleaning, etc.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with the appropriate discretion
- Ability to respond to daily competing priorities and use sound judgment to shuffle tasks as needed
- Ability to maintain a cooperative and professional working relationship
- Excellent customer service and time management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of facilities management with a service-oriented approach
- Experience with seating charts and building maps
- Experience with web-based ticketing systems and web help desk is a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, etc.), Adobe Acrobat, and other applications as required
- Assisting with employee onboarding and offboarding
- Play a key role with ERT (Emergency Response Team) and OSHA Compliance
- Effective approach when contacting and coordinating with supply vendors
Physical Requirements & Work Standards
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 30 pounds.
- Promote a Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Moves/adds/changes with seating and work areas for a fast and growing organization
- Badging and security experience
- Prior experience with corporate moves/relocations
- Proven ability to manage a variety of requests, prioritize and set goals and meet them.
We are committed to building a diverse team and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.