We’re Blue River, a team of innovators driven to radically change the agriculture and construction industry with ground-breaking computer-vision and deep learning based intelligent machinery. Our technology dramatically changes the business outlook of our customers, reducing the number of incidents, improves operators productivity, and collects valuable contextual data for the site manager. These machines are changing the future of construction by making job sites safer while increasing their productivity so that construction crews can build more with less.
Our people are at the heart of what we do. Through cross-discipline collaboration, this mission-driven and daring team is eager to define the new frontier of robotics. We are always asking hard questions, rapidly iterating, and getting our boots in the field to figure it out. We won’t give up until we’ve made a tangible and positive impact.
Blue River is based in Sunnyvale, CA and has over 250 team members with diverse experience including autonomous vehicles, computer vision, machine learning, systems software, and robotics. The company's environment is fast paced and highly collaborative, and employees are excited about using their talents to help food production and the environment.
We are seeking a mechatronics engineering lead to join an exciting new program that sits at the intersection of construction, machine learning, and robotics. The experienced hand on leader is motivated by a high-performance culture that is rich in technical skills and critical thinking. This role is for somebody who has shown the impact that empowered, creative teams have on innovation and delivery, and who is eager to grow and lead with a sense of urgency and can-do attitude.
The position will be based at our company headquarters in Sunnyvale, CA, with occasional travel to test out your work with our development partners in the US.
- Develop electromechanical designs with the computer and sensing system and integrate them onto different platforms
- Perform hands-on design work during the full product design life cycle, including requirements gathering, concept generation, detailed design with analysis, verification testing, and cross-functional reviews
- Assist other Software, Mechanical, Electrical and Mechatronic Engineers, through design reviews and collaborative interactions including brainstorming and troubleshooting.
- Work in multidisciplinary project-based teams to explore new opportunities and transfer designs and manufacturing for use in alternative applications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- 8+ years of work experience
- Experience with design and manufacture of mechatronic systems involving sensing, actuating, and/or computing
- Experience with design and manufacture of sheet metal assemblies and enclosures
- Experience with electrical system integration including wire harness design and routing
- Experience debugging sensors and power systems
- Strong CAD proficiency (preferably in SolidWorks)
- Excellent brainstorming, creative thinking skills, and communication skills
- Experience in working on ML & Robotics projects
- Knowledge of Linux and/or real-time operating systems
- Design of agricultural equipment/machinery, hydraulic, and/or pneumatic systems
- Experience designing opto-electro-mechanical systems including motion control, vision systems, lasers and general optics design
- Independent, results-oriented, and able to set and meet schedules in a fast-paced and dynamic environmens
Blue River offers competitive compensation and benefits, including a great 401(K) match. We believe in a work life balance and offer generous Paid Time Off and Sick Leave as well as Paid Parental Leave and an adoption benefit. Subsidized lunches, flexible work hours, CalTrain passes (with mobile Wi-Fi!) and a collaborative and supportive environment also contribute to making Blue River a great place to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.