We’re Blue River, a team of innovators driven to radically change the agriculture and construction industry with ground-breaking computer-vision and deep learning based intelligent machinery. Our technology dramatically changes the business outlook of our customers, reducing the number of incidents, improves operators productivity, and collects valuable contextual data for the site manager. These machines are changing the future of construction by making job sites safer while increasing their productivity so that construction crews can build more with less.
Our people are at the heart of what we do. Through cross-discipline collaboration, this mission-driven and daring team is eager to define the new frontier of robotics. We are always asking hard questions, rapidly iterating, and getting our boots in the field to figure it out. We won’t give up until we’ve made a tangible and positive impact.
Blue River is based in Sunnyvale, CA and has over 250 team members with diverse experience including autonomous vehicles, computer vision, machine learning, systems software, and robotics. The company's environment is fast paced and highly collaborative, and employees are excited about using their talents to help food production and the environment.
We are seeking a Robotics Engineer to join an exciting new program that sits at the intersection of construction, machine learning, and robotics. The experienced hand on leader is motivated by a high-performance culture that is rich in technical skills and critical thinking. This role is for somebody who has shown the impact that empowered, creative teams have on innovation and delivery, and who is eager to grow and lead with a sense of urgency and can-do attitude.
- Design and implement algorithms and tools for sensor fusion
- Design and develop subsystems for control, planning, mapping, localization, and object tracking for self-driving vehicles
- Improve perception and vehicle planning with multi-body kinematics for heavy machinery with multiple sections and attachments/implements.
- Contribute to analytical framework for construction site production system data and gain insights from it.
- Strong software development skills in C++, Python
- Experience with full AV or robotics stack from perception to controls
- Demonstrated expertise in at least one components of the AV / robotics stack
- Demonstrated leverage of interpersonal skills to drive design and development
- BS / MS / PhD in Computer Science or other specialties such as Robotics, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Physics, or Math
- Experience in working with CVML & Robotics projects
- Experience in working with vehicle autonomy space.
- Experience in working with TPUs, GPUs and FPGAs
- Experience in metrics implementation, analysis and dashboarding
Blue River offers competitive compensation and benefits, including a great 401(K) match. We believe in a work life balance and offer generous Paid Time Off and Sick Leave as well as Paid Parental Leave and an adoption benefit. Subsidized lunches, flexible work hours, CalTrain passes (with mobile Wi-Fi!) and a collaborative and supportive environment also contribute to making Blue River a great place to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.