Intern, Software Engineering
We’re Blue River, a team of innovators driven to create intelligent machinery that solves monumental problems for our customers. We empower our customers – farmers, construction crews and foresters - to implement safer and more sustainable solutions, driving increased profitability and with less reliance on scarce labor. We believe that focusing on the small stuff – pixel-by-pixel and task-by-task - leads to big gains. With our partners at John Deere, we have the ability to bring innovative computer vision, machine learning, robotics, and product management solutions to scale production, maximizing their potential impact.
Our people are at the heart of what we do. Through cross-discipline collaboration, this mission-driven and daring team is eager to define the new frontier of mobile robotics. We are always asking hard questions, rapidly iterating, and getting our boots in the field and on-site to figure it out. We won’t give up until we’ve made a tangible and positive impact on the planet.
We’re seeking a Software Engineer Intern interested in data and cloud infrastructure to join our team. Our machine learning platform helps manage the various components of the ML application development life cycle, starting from data ingestion, annotation, exploration to model training, deployment and monitoring. All of these components are interdisciplinary, so you will be working closely with roboticists, ML researchers, cloud and ML Infra engineers.
A well qualified candidate for this position will be a problem-solver who would like to automate anything which you do and you document it for the benefit of others.
- Develop and improve our data ingestion and training pipeline.
- Build and improve our CI/CD pipeline.
- Help improve our code quality through writing unit and automation testing.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Enrollment in or completion of a degree program related to Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering etc.
- Experience and proficiency with Python.
- Interest and engagement in building ETL workflows and Data Warehouse solutions.
- Solid understanding of relational and non-relational database systems.
- Have a passion for automation by creating tools.
- Experience with Cloud workflow platforms such as Kubeflow, MLflow etc.
- Familiarity with ML Frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch.
- Experience in Infrastructure templating tools like Terraform or CloudFormation.
- Experience in CI/CD build systems like Jenkins/Team city etc.
- Experience in cloud computing platforms like AWS, Azure etc.
- Experience with RDMS db like PostgreSQL, MySQL etc and NoSQL db like Dynamodb, MongoDB etc.
At Blue River, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. While we have more work to do to advance diversity and inclusion, we’re investing in our programs, including recruiting, mentorship, career development, and learning & development to ensure they support our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion goals.
We support each employee living a full life, enabling a thriving career and accomplishing a meaningful, challenging mission while collaborating with incredible people.
We are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align completely with the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
The US base salary range for this position is $36.00-$56.00 per hour
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your location during the hiring process.
During the recruitment process, we may identify an alternative role or level which you are more suited to. If your ideal role at Blue River differs from the advertised position, we will provide an updated pay range as soon as possible during the hiring process.