About Blue River
We’re Blue River, a team of innovators driven to radically change agriculture and construction by creating intelligent machinery. We empower our customers to implement more sustainable solutions by optimizing chemical usage, reimagining routine processes, enhancing safety for equipment operators, and improving farming yields year after year. By partnering with John Deere, we are innovating in computer vision, machine learning, robotics, and product management to solve monumental challenges for our customers.
Our people are at the heart of what we do. Through cross-discipline collaboration, this mission-driven team is eager to define the new frontier of robotics. We are always asking hard questions, rapidly iterating, and getting our boots in the field to figure it out. We won’t give up until we’ve made a tangible and positive impact.
Our office is located in Santa Clara, CA, and is home to 100+ team members with diverse experience, including robotics, computer vision, and machine learning. Our working environment is fast-paced and highly collaborative, and employees are able to use their talents to build a sustainable future at the intersection of the environment and humanity. We would like IT Support Technician to be able to work in the office 3-4 times a week in our Santa Clara office.
We’re seeking a talented IT Support Technician to join our growing team and provide world class end user support at Blue River Technology.
- Act as a primary contact for internal Blue River Technology support requests
- Solve issues, drive enhancements, and work to improve the daily end-user experience
- Maintain accurate hardware and software counts via our asset management system
- Provide maintenance, repairs, and upgrades for all computers and peripherals
- Assist remote users with a variety of problems, including password resets, VPN issues, and network troubleshooting
- Provide A/V support for Zoom and Polycom devices
- Basic troubleshooting knowledge of VPN, DHCP, DNS, AD, macOS, Windows and Linux
- Triage, assign, and escalate all incoming tickets via Jira
- Handle all IT Support aspects of the employee life-cycle, from new hire onboarding to employee termination
- Basic understanding of Okta, Zscaler, and Atlassian are a plus
- Curious! You want to understand why things work the way they do and are interested in making them better
- Are excited to assess problems and bring your own solution(s) to the table
- Someone who enjoys having free range to explore the world of Infrastructure Technology
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field of study or equivalent professional experience
- 3+ years of progressive experience in an IT support role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Local to the Bay Area - We are a hybrid company, and this role will require you to be in the office as 3 to 4 days per week on average.
If you are passionate about advancing the field of intelligent machines, eager to lead a transformative product initiative, and excited to work at the intersection of technology and innovation, we encourage you to apply.
At Blue River, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. While we have more work to do to advance diversity and inclusion, we’re investing in our programs, including recruiting, mentorship, career development, and learning & development, to ensure they support our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion goals.
We support each employee in living a full life, enabling a thriving career, and accomplishing a meaningful, challenging mission while collaborating with incredible people. We are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align completely with the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
The US base salary range for this position is $76,000 – $132,000, along with eligibility for Blue River’s bonus and benefit programs.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your location during the hiring process.
During the recruitment process, we may identify an alternative role or level which you are more suited. If your ideal role at Blue River differs from the advertised position, we will provide an updated pay range as soon as possible during the hiring process.
Blue River offers competitive compensation and benefits, including a great 401(K) match. We believe in a work life balance and offer generous Paid Time Off and Sick Leave as well as Paid Parental Leave and an adoption benefit. Subsidized lunches, flexible work hours, CalTrain passes (with mobile Wi-Fi!) and a collaborative and supportive environment also contribute to making Blue River a great place to work.