We’re Blue River, a team of innovators driven to radically change agriculture by creating intelligent machinery. We empower our customers – farmers - to implement more sustainable solutions: optimize chemical usage, reimagining routine processes, and improving farming yields year after year. We believe that focusing on the small stuff – pixel-by-pixel and plant-by-plant - leads to big gains. By partnering with John Deere, we are innovating computer vision, machine learning, robotics and product management to solve monumental challenges for our customers.
Our people are at the heart of what we do. Through cross-discipline collaboration, this mission-driven and daring team is eager to define the new frontier of agricultural robotics. We are always asking hard questions, rapidly iterating, and getting our boots in the field to figure it out. We won’t give up until we’ve made a tangible and positive impact on agriculture.
Would you like to join us in the shop to help us craft and build intelligent machinery that solves monumental challenges?
We are looking for an experienced technician to be a part of our Robotics Hardware Systems team. The candidate will join an outstanding research and development engineering team to provide critical skills in improving existing systems and pushing the boundaries of technology.
The position is located at our headquarters in Sunnyvale, CA,
The technician will be tasked with assisting with design, assembling, prototyping, and fabricating novel and interesting game-changing innovations. Prototype assemblies, and final products will be used for validation and verification of creative uses for new technologies. Position
- Assist with hands-on, fast paced design development through the full product life cycle, including assembly and building, verification testing, hardware/software bring up, and machine shop fabrication.
- Strong familiarity with electronic components including but not limited to wire harnessing design and building, custom electronics assembly, and experience in a variety of electrical interfaces/connectors.
- Assist with product organization and inventory tracking with high attention to detail and be a part of a quickly scaling and fast paced organization.
- Take partial responsibility over the lab area. Seek out problems and solutions to assist with a fast paced tech environment.
Experience and skills:
- Experience in metal fabrication, electronics assembly, wire harnessing, and SolidWorks is a plus.
- Experience with complex electromechanical systems and debugging.
- Experience reading electrical schematics and system diagrams (CAD drawings).
- Command prompt/terminal experience for software integration and troubleshooting
- Detailing and assembly of electronics enclosures and electrical harnesses
- System debugging and testing of electrical harnesses, vision and computer systems.
- Assembly of agricultural or automotive equipment/machinery, hydraulic, and/or pneumatic systems
- Experience with design and manufacture of weldment assemblies
- Fabrication skills ranging from welding, machining, milling, and forming a plus.
Blue River offers competitive compensation and benefits, including a great 401(K) match. We believe in a work life balance and offer generous Paid Time Off and Sick Leave as well as Paid Parental Leave and an adoption benefit. Subsidized lunches, flexible work hours, CalTrain passes (with mobile Wi-Fi!) and a collaborative and supportive environment also contribute to making Blue River a great place to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We support each employee living a full life, enabling a thriving career and accomplishing a meaningful, challenging mission with incredible people.
We have designed our work environment to allow us each to do our work effectively, be our best selves, and be exposed to the unexpected connections and experiences that support creative innovation - all while leaving room for the other things you love.