We’re Blue River, a team of innovators driven to radically change agriculture by creating intelligent machinery. We empower our customers – farmers - to implement more sustainable solutions: optimize chemical usage, reimagining routine processes, and improving farming yields year after year. We believe that focusing on the small stuff – pixel-by-pixel and plant-by-plant - leads to big gains. By partnering with John Deere, we are innovating computer vision, machine learning, robotics and product management to solve monumental challenges for our customers.
Our people are at the heart of what we do. Through cross-discipline collaboration, this mission-driven and daring team is eager to define the new frontier of agricultural robotics. We are always asking hard questions, rapidly iterating, and getting our boots in the field to figure it out. We won’t give up until we’ve made a tangible and positive impact on agriculture.
Summary and Responsibilities
We are looking for a highly skilled and energetic person to play a role in improving and supporting our revolutionary robotic and vision-based systems for agriculture. You will be joining a world-class research and engineering team to provide critical skills in improving existing systems and pushing the boundaries of this technology. The role will include work in the following areas:
- Design and fabrication of test fixtures, calibration fixtures, tooling and assembly aides
- Running and analyzing hardware testing
- Performing root cause analysis of testing or field failures and designing solutions
The position will be based at our company headquarters in Sunnyvale, CA, and may include travel to our test sites in the midwest.
- Enrollment in or completion of degree program in Engineering, preferably Electrical, Mechatronics, or Agricultural
- Experience with design tools, such as Altium
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- A positive attitude and willingness to take on mechanical tasks as necessary
In addition, the following are a plus:
- Experience with the electrical design process
- Experience working with complex systems involving software, computers, electronics and/or mechanical systems
- Experience with Agriculture and Agricultural equipment