There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before! You will work with some of the world’s brightest minds are taking on the biggest technical challenges. If you want to be tackle hard technical challenges alongside excellent people and make the world a better, we want to work with you!
Our people are at the heart of what we do. Through cross-discipline collaboration, this mission-driven and daring team is eager to define the new frontier of agricultural robotics. We are always asking hard questions, rapidly iterating, and getting our boots in the field to figure it out. We won’t give up until we’ve made a tangible and positive impact on agriculture.
John Deere's mission is that our customers are the world's most profitable and sustainable farmers. Within John Deere, the Sustainability Solutions team is operating as a start-up. In less than a year since our team was formed, we quickly launched two pilots. One helps cotton farmers easily measure and improve their sustainability metrics, and is on track to scale from Beta to Production in 2022. The other pilot helps farmers participate in agricultural carbon markets easily by reducing the time required to fill out paperwork from days to minutes. Next, we plan to help farmers measure & reduce their carbon footprint, and leverage John Deere Financial to reduce the cost barriers for farmers switching to sustainable practices. This is a remote position.
- 2+ years experience (5+ for senior) working as a data scientist or equivalent
- M.S. in computer science, engineering, data science, or similar quantitative field
- Experience in creating data science strategy to align with product needs in an ambiguous and fast moving environment
- Identifying and integrating with relevant 3rd party technology providers
- Proficient in python & SQL
- Familiarity with at least one of the following specialty areas: geospatial analytics, remote sensing, building empirical models of physical systems.
- Passion for sustainability
- Domain knowledge in agriculture or an enthusiastic willingness to learn
- Understanding how to drive a cohesive tech design and tech identity.
- You are willing to roll up your sleeves, build solid relationships, serve as a key player to our technology organization.
Working at Deere
At John Deere, you are empowered to build the career of your dreams. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to solve problems creatively and the sophisticated tools and technology that cultivate innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.