There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before! You will work with some of the world’s brightest minds are taking on the biggest technical challenges. If you want to be tackle hard technical challenges alongside excellent people and make the world a better, we want to work with you!
Our people are at the heart of what we do. Through cross-discipline collaboration, this mission-driven and daring team is eager to define the new frontier of agricultural robotics. We are always asking hard questions, rapidly iterating, and getting our boots in the field to figure it out. We won’t give up until we’ve made a tangible and positive impact on agriculture.
As a Lead ML DevOps Engineer for John Deere, you will work with a team of data scientists to help drive and scale capabilities associated with integrating machine learning into sales and marketing processes. You will be collaborating on developing cutting edge utilities and software products within a team of like-minded MLOps engineers, data engineers and data scientists.
- Support data science R&D teams in scaling and automating production solutions.
- Develop APIs to integrate machine learning models into business applications.
- Scale and automate data pipelines, feature engineering pipelines, and model training/retraining pipelines.
- Monitor and maintain machine learning models in production.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to others within the technical discipline; be recognized as a technical advisor and creative problem solver.
- 5 or more years of proven software engineering experience in the design, development, testing and integration of advanced analytics and/or machine learning solutions.
- Ability to perform as a technical lead providing technical coaching and mentoring to others.
- Proven consulting skills and experience, influence effectively, ability to resolve impediments in a timely manner.
- Strong experience in an Agile/Scrum team environment.
- Solid cloud-native software architecture experience employing containers, container orchestration, and distributed systems with platforms like AWS or MS Azure.
- Proven experience employing the DevOps “left-shift” mentality by building systems with Infrastructure as Code (IaC).
- Strong ability leveraging DevSecOps and lean development principles such as CI/CD.
- Solid understanding of applications development environment, database systems, data management and infrastructure capabilities and constraints.
- Working knowledge of full-stack design patterns and designing loosely coupled architectures.
- Prior experience with delivering DataOps capabilities into production environments.
- Prior experience with integrating advanced analytics models into operational business processes employing microservices based architectures
- Exposure to AWS MLOps Frameworks such as Lambda, CodePipeline, API Gateway, CloudFormation or Databricks/MLFlow.
- Familiarity with Domino Data Labs, DataRobot, or AWS Sagemaker.
- Knowledge of Relational/SQL and non-relational/NoSQL(e.g. GraphQL) systems.
- Familiarity with MLOps tools such as Seldon, Data Version Control (DVC), or ModelDB.
- Background working for technology companies developing data-centric products.
- Prior experience with developing frameworks to harvest intellectual property, embed best practices, and streamline operational processes.
- Learning Agility / Innovative / Growth Mindset - desire and openness for continuous technical learning and identifying areas for application; willingness to deal with and thrive in uncertainty.
- BS or MS in Computational Data Science, Computer Science, Data Science or related field of study.
WORKING AT DEERE
At John Deere, you are empowered to build the career of your dreams. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to solve problems creatively and the sophisticated tools and technology that cultivate innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.