About Blue River Technology
We’re Blue River, a team of innovators driven to radically change agriculture by creating intelligent machinery. We empower our customers to implement more sustainable solutions: optimize chemical usage, reimagining routine processes, and improving farming yields year after year. We believe that focusing on the small stuff – pixel-by-pixel and plant-by-plant - leads to big gains. By partnering with John Deere, we are innovating computer vision, machine learning, robotics and product management to solve monumental challenges for our customers.
Blue River is based in Sunnyvale, CA and has 100+ team members with diverse experience including computer vision, machine learning, systems software, autonomous vehicles and precision agriculture. Our working environment is fast paced and highly collaborative, and employees are excited to use their talents to improve food production and protect the environment.
Our people are at the heart of what we do. Through cross-discipline collaboration, our mission-driven and daring team is eager to define the new frontier of robotics. We are always asking hard questions, rapidly iterating, and getting our boots in the field to figure it out. We won’t give up until we’ve made a tangible and positive impact.
Are you a highly skilled Machine Learning Engineer looking to join an extraordinary research and engineering team? In this role, you'll focus on bringing state of the art Machine Learning technology to production for John Deere’s construction vehicles. This will involve building and testing Machine Learning models applied to solve computer vision problems in outdoor environments. You will be working closely with team members within Blue River and at John Deere to deliver a first-of-its-kind solution.
Our ideal candidate for this exciting position will be fluent in the latest and greatest technologies, capable of working independently to solve hard technical challenges in Computer Vision and Machine Learning, and skilled at working with different groups of individuals across the company.
This role involves working in a sizable team to deliver Machine Learning solutions for Obstacle Intelligence in Construction equipment. This will require hands-on work developing Machine Learning models, as well as collaborating with team members to validate performance and move these systems into production.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsible for designing, testing, and validating advanced Machine Learning models, and supporting transition to production
- Rapidly explore many different methods to weigh pros and cons
- Identify the best tools for the task and apply those techniques
- Understand hardware constraints and work towards best solutions for the product
- Create plans and schedules, track progress, and provide educational material and frameworks to fellow engineers and product managers
- Work closely with other team members to integrate results with stereo computer vision techniques and to port code to an embedded hardware platform
- Help and mentor less experienced co-workers in their Machine Learning journey
- Oversee the specification of data collection and verification of collected data effectiveness
Required Professional Skills & Experience:
- Masters Degree in Computer Science or other technical field of study
- 2-3 years of post academic experience in a Machine Learning role; preferably with experience shipping a Machine Learning model to production
- Advanced hands on coding skills with Python
- Advanced experience with Machine Learning applications and neural networks; expert level familiarity with PyTorch or TensorFlow frameworks
- Advanced experience with Deep Learning applied to object detection problems in Computer Vision; experience with 3D stereo a plus
- Ability to understand and articulate complex technologies and communicate ideas clearly and concisely to others
- Up to date on current research papers and industry trends in the field of Machine Learning