We’re Blue River, a team of innovators driven to radically change agriculture by creating intelligent machinery. We empower our customers – farmers - to implement more sustainable solutions: optimize chemical usage, reimagining routine processes, and improving farming yields year after year. We believe that focusing on the small stuff – pixel-by-pixel and plant-by-plant - leads to big gains. By partnering with John Deere, we are innovating computer vision, machine learning, robotics and product management to solve monumental challenges for our customers.
Our people are at the heart of what we do. Through cross-discipline collaboration, this mission-driven and daring team is eager to define the new frontier of agricultural robotics. We are always asking hard questions, rapidly iterating, and getting our boots in the field to figure it out. We won’t give up until we’ve made a tangible and positive impact on agriculture.
We are looking for an individual who can drive proper selection of specialty components within an imaging system to meet key perception metrics. Support or work independently to bring up, integrate, validate, and characterize image sensors to tie into downstream image pipelines. This role is encouraged to optimize and provide improved image quality that assists computer vision and machine learning teams, leading to broad multi-functional improvements. Expertise in camera architecture for perception systems of traditional image signal processing are preferred and can assist in the goal to increase efficiency and autonomy in agricultural and industrial applications.
- M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Vision, or similar
- 5+ years working within computer vision or image signal processing
- 5+ years working within the field of image sensor characterization, validation, and bring up
- Demonstrated ability to develop imaging systems to solve real-world perception problems
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Excellent communication, organization, and ability to provide technical leadership to peers.
- Passion to solve difficult problems in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Python, C++, or related tools and system SW architecture.
- Ability to characterize imaging systems using standard quality metrics and convey those to key stakeholders
- Multi-spectral or hyper-spectral image sensor integration and characterization experience
- Development of imaging algorithms deployed into final products
- Optical design familiarity or experience
- Machine learning familiarity or experience
Blue River offers competitive compensation and benefits, including a great 401(K) match. We believe in a work life balance and offer generous Paid Time Off and Sick Leave as well as Paid Parental Leave and an adoption benefit. Subsidized lunches, flexible work hours, CalTrain passes (with mobile Wi-Fi!) and a collaborative and supportive environment also contribute to making Blue River a great place to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.