We’re Blue River Technology, a team of innovators driven to radically change agriculture by creating intelligent machinery. We empower our customers – farmers - to implement more sustainable solutions: optimize chemical usage, reimagining routine processes, and improving farming yields year after year. We believe that focusing on the small stuff – pixel-by-pixel and plant-by-plant - leads to big gains. By partnering with John Deere, we are innovating computer vision, machine learning, robotics and product management to solve monumental challenges for our customers.
Our people are at the heart of what we do. Through cross-discipline collaboration, this mission-driven and daring team is eager to define the new frontier of agricultural robotics. We are always asking hard questions, rapidly iterating, and getting our boots in the field to figure it out. We won’t give up until we’ve made a tangible and positive impact on agriculture.
We announced one of our flagship projects - an autonomous tractor - at the Consumer Electronics Show in January 2022 in collaboration with our parent company John Deere (checkout the video here). As our vision for autonomous technology enabled farms takes shape, our team is looking to expand by adding a Customer & Product Ops Manager to work closely with our internal (product, field, marketing, customer support) and external customers (dealers and farmers) to understand their needs and unique challenges, and partner with them to bring autonomy to life on farms across the country and ultimately the globe.
As the Product Manager, Autonomy Customer and Product Ops, your role will be cross-functional in nature working alongside your fellow product, marketing, support, field, data science, and engineering teams to define how effectively and efficiently develop and commercialize autonomy through each step of the product lifecycle from discovery to development to delivery.
- Enable the product organization to maximize learning by leveraging deep domain knowledge of the customers, equipment, dealer channel and broader ag value chain
- Partner with product and engineering to develop a repeatable approach to understanding customers using data driven insights about their adoption, utilization and likelihood to renew and expand
- Coordinate in-field activities with product, engineering, and field operations teams to facilitate rapid learning through customer discovery and technical development. Includes coordinating events like an autonomous tractor demonstration at a customer or dealer location.
- Develop and manage relationships with strategic partners to accelerate product development initiatives that accelerate learning and create new opportunities for adoption
- Partner with Customer Product Support, the field teams and dealer channel working on the front lines ensure that our customers increase the productivity and profitability of their operations by leveraging autonomy
- Partner with engineering, product, support, field, and dealers to facilitate efficient and effective onboarding with customers to accelerate time to value
- Identify and define opportunities to expand the product portfolio by addressing customer needs for current and future customers
- Empower the BRT product and engineering teams with deep context and knowledge about the agricultural domain, value chain and unique challenges with commercializing new technologies within it
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience in customer success, account management, sales, agronomy, operations, product or other customer facing roles in the ag industry
- Familiarity with autonomy or automation products and technologies especially in unstructured environments
- Experience building and developing repeatable, scalable operations programs in a complex, diverse and distributed environment
- Growth mindset with ability to learn about highly technical new products and industries rapidly
- Deep knowledge and understanding of farming and customers in the agricultural industry
- Extremely high customer empathy and emotional intelligence
- Solutions oriented with ability to solve complex ambiguous problems
- Track record for communicating effectively and building trust with a wide range of stakeholders from executive leadership teams to day to day users of our products
- Willingness to travel to visit customers and dealers on site in agricultural production centers across the countries
- Bachelor's degree or higher from a 4 year university, MBA/MS a plus
Blue River offers competitive compensation, including: healthcare and retirement benefits, commuter benefits such as CalTrain passes, mobile Wi-Fi hotspots, and flexible work hours.