Intern, Systems Engineering
We’re Blue River, a team of innovators driven to radically change agriculture by creating intelligent machinery. We empower our customers - farmers - to implement more sustainable solutions: optimize chemical usage, reimagining routine processes, and improving farming yields year after year. We believe that focusing on the small stuff – pixel-by-pixel and plant-by-plant - leads to big gains. By partnering with John Deere, we are innovating computer vision, machine learning, robotics and product management to solve monumental challenges for our customers.
Our people are at the heart of what we do. Through cross-discipline collaboration, this mission-driven and daring team is eager to define the new frontier of agricultural robotics. We are always asking hard questions, rapidly iterating, and getting our boots in the field to figure it out. We won’t give up until we’ve made a tangible and positive impact on agriculture.
We have over 100 people on our team who come from diverse backgrounds in robotics, computer vision, machine learning, agriculture and business. As a pioneer in the space we have designed and deployed See & Spray machines that apply pesticides only where needed, reducing herbicide use by 90%.
- Draft & coordinate system test plans with the field team
- Execute in-field performance trials (both locally & domestically)
- Automate test procedures
- Analyze system performance data and identify testing needs
- Troubleshoot wiring harnesses, fluid systems, and networking systems
Required Experience & Skills:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors or Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Robotics, Computer Engineering or similar
- General knowledge of embedded systems debugging
- Solid documentation skills - ability to stay organized and communicate effectively
- Experience with test plan generation and execution
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time
- Willingness to get your hands dirty
- Interest in operating agricultural machinery
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Prior experience with agricultural equipment, farming, or heavy equipment
- Prior experience with HiL/SiL systems
- Familiarity with electrical and electro-mechanical sensors
- Experience debugging electro-mechanical and / or perception systems
- Prior Linux and Python experience
At Blue River, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. While we have more work to do to advance diversity and inclusion, we’re investing in our programs, including recruiting, mentorship, career development, and learning & development to ensure they support our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion goals.
We support each employee living a full life, enabling a thriving career and accomplishing a meaningful, challenging mission while collaborating with incredible people.
We are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align completely with the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
The US base salary range for this position is $36.00 - $56.00 per hour
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your location during the hiring process.
During the recruitment process, we may identify an alternative role or level which you are more suited to. If your ideal role at Blue River differs from the advertised position, we will provide an updated pay range as soon as possible during the hiring process.