Intern, Strategy and Business Operations-Automation & Autonomy
We’re Blue River, a team of innovators driven to create intelligent machinery that solves monumental problems for our customers. We empower our customers – farmers, construction crews and foresters - to implement safer and more sustainable solutions, driving increased profitability and with less reliance on scarce labor. We believe that focusing on the small stuff – pixel-by-pixel and task-by-task - leads to big gains. With our partners at John Deere, we have the ability to bring innovative computer vision, machine learning, robotics, and product management solutions to scale production, maximizing their potential impact.
Our people are at the heart of what we do. Through cross-discipline collaboration, this mission-driven and daring team is eager to define the new frontier of mobile robotics. We are always asking hard questions, rapidly iterating, and getting our boots in the field and on-site to figure it out. We won’t give up until we’ve made a tangible and positive impact on the planet.
In this decade our customers will become the most productive, profitable and sustainable in the world. To enable this, we are fundamentally transforming Agriculture, Construction and Forestry by delivering highly automated and autonomous machines that deliver super-human outcomes.
The Automation & Autonomy group with Deere plays a crucial role in making this vision a reality. We solve complex problems with advanced technologies and unconventional approaches while using a different way of monetizing value.
In this exciting role, you will be focused on strategy and organizational behavior. More specifically, you will be helping in the areas of strategy and business operations that cut across the Automation and Autonomy group, with particular emphasis on areas that impact multiple groups across the organization, and that impact execution and alignment.
Job Responsibilities / Potential Projects:
- Automation & Autonomy Strategy: Help refine Deere’s strategy and develop communication materials to gather input and create organizational alignment
- Sustainability: Connect the Automation & Autonomy ambitions with Deere’s overall sustainability goals
- Recurring Revenue Journey: Create content (e.g. class or videos, detailed memo) that will help all Deere employees have a broader and deeper understanding of recurring revenue strategies
- Organizational Behavior: Help create, publish, and communicate how the Automation & Autonomy group works
- Technology Sharing Strategy: Create and document a framework to enable awareness and influence of technologies that will accelerate speed of program delivery, and determine methodology and mechanism to drive adoption.
- Innovation Execution: Document and share product development best practices to enable awareness and influence of approaches that will accelerate speed of program delivery. Be a thought partner in investigating how to efficiently reduce uncertainty in developing innovative products (technical feasibility & customer requirements).
Required Experience & Skills:
- Business and/or Engineering bachelor's degree
- Pursuing MBA
- Strategic mindset with a bias for action
- Entrepreneurial drive, curiosity and grit
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Experience with crafting a compelling strategy in a technology company
- Experience in start-up and large companies.
- Experience with or knowledge of autonomous vehicles, robotics for agriculture.
- Experience with products that apply Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
At Blue River, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. While we have more work to do to advance diversity and inclusion, we’re investing in our programs, including recruiting, mentorship, career development, and learning & development to ensure they support our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion goals.
We support each employee living a full life, enabling a thriving career and accomplishing a meaningful, challenging mission while collaborating with incredible people.
We are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align completely with the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
The US base salary range for this position is $48.00-$56.00 per hour
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your location during the hiring process.
During the recruitment process, we may identify an alternative role or level which you are more suited to. If your ideal role at Blue River differs from the advertised position, we will provide an updated pay range as soon as possible during the hiring process.