Sr Machine Learning Engineer
We’re Blue River, a team of innovators driven to create intelligent machinery that solves monumental problems for our customers. We empower our customers – farmers, construction crews and foresters - to implement safer and more sustainable solutions, driving increased profitability and with less reliance on scarce labor. We believe that focusing on the small stuff – pixel-by-pixel and task-by-task - leads to big gains. With our partners at John Deere, we have the ability to bring innovative computer vision, machine learning, robotics, and product management solutions to scale production, maximizing their potential impact.
Our people are at the heart of what we do. Through cross-discipline collaboration, this mission-driven and daring team is eager to define the new frontier of mobile robotics. We are always asking hard questions, rapidly iterating, and getting our boots in the field and on-site to figure it out. We won’t give up until we’ve made a tangible and positive impact on the planet.
We are looking for a ML Engineer to help design and build software for our robotics pipeline and machine learning tasks. This position is for an exciting new program that sits at the intersection of agriculture, machine learning, and robotics. Our Autonomous Tractor project has tremendous potential to help farmers, to shape global farming practices, and to have a major impact on one of America’s most iconic brands. If that sounds interesting please read on:
- Research, implement, and evaluate ML algorithms
- Deploy ML models in production in an edge computing environment
- Define data requirements and collaborate with data collection and labeling teams to develop datasets
- Develop tooling and analytical frameworks to enable performance evaluation
- Design and develop calibration subsystems for multi-camera and multi-sensor perception
- Identify opportunities to improve autonomy performance and design CV/ML solutions to address the need
- Keep abreast of developments in the field
- Experience deploying high performing deep learning models
- Strong expertise in writing modern and production quality C++ and Python code for robotics and CVML systems
- Desire and passion to work in a fast-paced, production oriented environment
- Self-driven/enthusiastic/motivated to solve exciting engineering problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Mission aligned to improve safety and productivity of the equipment.
- Ability to work effectively within a geographically-distributed team
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience in working with CVML & Robotics projects
- Experience in working with vehicle autonomy space.
- Experience in working with GPUs
- Experience in metrics implementation, and analysis
The US base salary range for this position is $176,000-$264,000, along with eligibility for Blue River’s bonus and benefit programs.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your location during the hiring process.
During the recruitment process, we may identify an alternative role or level which you are more suited to. If your ideal role at Blue River differs from the advertised position, we will provide an updated pay range as soon as possible during the hiring process.