We’re Blue River, a team of innovators driven to create intelligent machinery that solves monumental problems for our customers. We empower our customers-farmers, construction crews, and foresters - to implement safer and more sustainable solutions, driving increased profitability and reducing reliance on scarce labor. We believe that focusing on the small stuff, pixel-by-pixel and task-by-task - leads to big gains. With our partners at John Deere, we have the ability to bring innovative computer vision, machine learning, robotics, and product management solutions to scale production, maximizing their potential impact.
Our people are at the heart of what we do. Through cross-discipline collaboration, this mission-driven and daring team is eager to define the new frontier of mobile robotics. We are always asking hard questions, rapidly iterating, and getting our boots in the field and on-site to figure it out. We won’t give up until we’ve made a tangible and positive impact on the planet.
We are actively seeking a Sr Full Stack Visualization Engineer with a strong track record in crafting impactful Tableau visualizations to become a part of our team. At Blue River, our Machine Learning Platform team plays a crucial role within our Ag Autonomy organization by overseeing all aspects of the ML application development lifecycle. This journey encompasses activities such as data ingestion, annotation, exploration, model training, and deployment, as well as the development of analytics and visualizations. As a Senior Full Stack Visualization Engineer, you will hold a pivotal role within this cross-functional team, working closely alongside product managers, data scientists, cloud and infrastructure engineers, roboticists, and the Safety & Perception team.
This position is eligible to be fully remote.
- Expert Data Management: Serve as the go-to data expert, writing optimized queries in Databricks to fetch millions of records while ensuring cost-efficiency and performance. Collaborate with the architecture team to design and maintain the data layer.
- Analytics and Visualization Ownership: Take ownership of our analytics and visualization initiatives. Collaborate with product teams to clarify requirements and work closely with roboticists and architects to understand machine log data from various sources. Propose innovative solutions to enhance stakeholder understanding of fleet performance and streamline issue triaging.
- ML Dataset Visualization: Develop and maintain visualizations for our ML datasets using Facet.
- Agile Portal Development: Identify opportunities for expanding the scope of analytics and visualization portals across the Autonomy organization. Bring new features and capabilities to life in an agile and iterative fashion.
- Documentation: Document the work you do, including code, design decisions, and data sources, to facilitate collaboration and future maintenance.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or a related field
- Demonstrated expertise with interactive data visualization development using Tableau or equivalent technologies, with a minimum of 5 years of experience
- 5 + years of experience in constructing frontend applications using technologies such as React, Angular, D3, Plotly, or similar tools
- 5+ years experience in writing efficient data retrieval queries for the extraction of structured and unstructured data from a variety of sources, including RDBMS, NoSQL databases, data lakes, and data warehouses, among others.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in creating APIs using Python, NodeJS, and frameworks like Flask, Django, and Express, among others.
- Agile development experience with a focus on delivering high-quality results
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Effective communication skills to interact with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Familiarity with Databricks for data storage and retrieval
- Familiarity with running Apache Spark jobs
- Familiarity with ML dataset visualization tools like Facet
At Blue River, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. While we have more work to do to advance diversity and inclusion, we’re investing in our programs, including recruiting, mentorship, career development, and learning & development, to ensure they support our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion goals.
We support each employee in living a full life, enabling a thriving career, and accomplishing a meaningful, challenging mission while collaborating with incredible people. We are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align completely with the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation
The US hourly rate range for this 6 month contract position is $80 - $100.
Our hourly rate ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your location during the hiring process.