We’re Blue River, a team of innovators driven to radically change agriculture by creating intelligent machinery. We empower our customers – farmers - to implement more sustainable solutions: optimizing chemical usage, reimagining routine processes, and improving farming yields year after year. We believe that focusing on the small stuff – pixel-by-pixel and plant-by-plant - leads to big gains. By partnering with John Deere, we are innovating in computer vision, machine learning, robotics, and product management to solve monumental challenges for our customers.
Our people are at the heart of what we do. Through cross-discipline collaboration, this mission-driven and daring team is eager to define the new frontier of agricultural robotics. We are always asking hard questions, rapidly iterating, and getting our boots in the field to figure it out. We won’t give up until we’ve made a tangible and positive impact on agriculture.
As a Senior Security Architect, you will play an integral role in defining and assessing the organization’s security strategy, architecture, and practices. The role will be responsible for working with our Infrastructure and Engineering teams to ensure that BRT’s data and applications remain secure. You will collaborate with and provide guidance to our Infrastructure and Engineering teams on industry standard security guidelines. In this role, you will regularly perform audits and penetration testing across the BRT organization. As BRT’s Senior Security Architect you will be uniquely positioned between BRT and Deere stakeholders, a role that will require you to work closely with Deere’s security team. You will also be responsible for presenting and communicating our security posture to our end-users and to senior leadership within Blue River and Deere.
- Validate IT and Engineering infrastructure for security best practices and recommend changes to both enhance security and reduce risks, where applicable
- Develop security guidelines so that engineering teams can build products and services with security procedures in mind
- Determine baseline security configurations standards for operating systems, network segmentation, identity and access management, and endpoint protection
- Identify, own, and drive security architecture in engineering application services
- Partner with engineering to ensure product security items are properly prioritized in engineering backlogs
- Drive and support engineering projects according to security standards during all project phases (concept, development, and production)
- Apply knowledge of information security and application development to drive organizational changes to properly manage and remediate security weaknesses and vulnerabilities
- Identify security deficiencies and articulate the business risks to the proper stakeholders
- Evaluate current or emerging technologies while considering factors such as cost, compatibility, compliance and scalability
- Create solutions that balance business requirements with information and security requirements
- Perform security reviews and present reports to security leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 10+ years of work experience in a security role with a proven track record in auditing, reviewing and crafting security solutions
- Knowledge of security, threat modeling, and incident response and recovery techniques
- Knowledge of security standards, policies, and governance frameworks (NIST & CIS20)
- Technical knowledge of incident response frameworks with operational experience across Windows, Apple, and Linux forensics
- Strong practical knowledge of concepts such as least privilege, zero trust, encryption, network design, access controls, and incident containment
- Experience operating in cloud, DevOps, and SaaS environments
- Self-sufficient and a critical thinker with strong analytical skills
- Exceptional communicator who can explain technical concepts to those without a technical background
- An enterprise security subject matter expert who can work with various teams across multiple organizations
- Team player
- Exceptional leadership and supervision skills, including decision-making and dissemination of information
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
At Blue River, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. While we have more work to do to advance diversity and inclusion, we’re investing in our programs, including recruiting, mentorship, career development, and learning & development, to ensure they support our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion goals.
We support each employee in living a full life, enabling a thriving career, and accomplishing a meaningful, challenging mission while collaborating with incredible people. We are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align completely with the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
The US base salary range for this position is $188,000–$282,000, along with eligibility for Blue River’s bonus and benefit programs.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your location during the hiring process.
During the recruitment process, we may identify an alternative role or level to which you are more suited. If your ideal role at Blue River differs from the advertised position, we will provide an updated pay range as soon as possible during the hiring process.
Blue River offers competitive compensation and benefits, including a great 401(K) match. We believe in a work-life balance and offer generous Paid Time Off and Sick Leave as well as Paid Parental Leave and an adoption benefit. Subsidized lunches, flexible work hours, CalTrain passes (with mobile Wi-Fi), and a collaborative and supportive environment also contribute to making Blue River a great place to work.