We’re Blue River, a team of innovators driven to create intelligent machinery that solves monumental problems for our customers. We empower our customers – farmers, construction crews, and foresters - to implement safer and more sustainable solutions, driving increased profitability with less reliance on scarce labor. We believe that focusing on the small stuff – pixel-by-pixel and task-by-task - leads to big gains. With our partners at John Deere, we have the ability to bring innovative computer vision, machine learning, robotics, and product management solutions to scale production, maximizing their potential impact.
Our people are at the heart of what we do. Through cross-discipline collaboration, this mission-driven and daring team is eager to define the new frontier of mobile robotics. We are always asking hard questions, rapidly iterating, and getting our boots in the field and on-site to figure it out. We won’t give up until we’ve made a tangible and positive impact on the planet.
This is a contract position, 6-8 months with the possibility of extension. This is also a Hybrid position and will require some time in our Santa Clara and Gilroy sites.
The Blue River Technology See & Spray team is looking for a creative, entrepreneurial Technical Writer on a temporary contract basis to build a critical knowledge library for a number of internally developed hardware and software products. The documentation may include installation instructions for new R&D devices, quick start manuals for critical hardware equipment, and troubleshooting guides to expedite issue resolution. The knowledge library will contain a combination of existing engineering and newly developed materials, consisting of electronic, printed, and video guides.
- Research and ingest technical information from engineering teams and existing documentation and translate it into digestible how-to guides for users with limited or no prior knowledge of equipment
- Develop a user-friendly (engineering and operator) knowledge library, whether it be in Confluence, Google Drive, or other content management system
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders across various engineering teams including but not limited to Robotics Software, Mechatronics, Systems Engineering, Field Operations, Product Management, and Program Management to build a knowledge base.
- Communicate timelines and milestones associated with building a documentation library; clearly articulate dependencies to build libraries with stakeholders.
- Ensure content is maintained, accurate, and up-to-date; and determine revision cadence to ensure long-term documentation success.
Required Experience and Skills
- 3 or more years of technical writing experience, ideally in a combination of high-tech machine learning, robotics, hardware, and/or software environments
- Demonstrated ability to learn and distill technical information and translate it into simple, easy-to-digest guides
- Proven track record of creating manuals, how-to guides, and short-form videos from inception to draft to testing to publishing
- Entrepreneurial spirit, understanding the need to build a technical writing program from scratch
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with various audiences, understanding the need to shift styles based on the specific environment.
At Blue River, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. While we have more work to do to advance diversity and inclusion, we’re investing in our programs, including recruiting, mentorship, career development, and learning & development, to ensure they support our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion goals. We support each employee in living a full life, enabling a thriving career, and accomplishing a meaningful, challenging mission while collaborating with incredible people. We are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align completely with the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
The US base hourly range for this temporary position is $50.00 to $100.00 per hour to factor in agency candidates, work experience, and skills.