We’re Blue River, a team of innovators driven to create intelligent machinery that solves monumental problems for our customers. We empower our customers – farmers, construction crews, and foresters - to implement safer and more sustainable solutions, driving increased profitability with less reliance on scarce labor. We believe that focusing on the small stuff – pixel-by-pixel and task-by-task - leads to big gains. With our partners at John Deere, we have the ability to bring innovative computer vision, machine learning, robotics, and product management solutions to scale production, maximizing their potential impact.
Our people are at the heart of what we do. Through cross-discipline collaboration, this mission-driven and daring team is eager to define the new frontier of mobile robotics. We are always asking hard questions, rapidly iterating, and getting our boots in the field and on-site to figure it out. We won’t give up until we’ve made a tangible and positive impact on the planet.
Blue River Technology is seeking an experienced DevOps Principal Engineer to help design, implement, and support automation systems. This role will be responsible for
- Establishing and documenting best practices in testing, linting, and service deployment
- Building artifacts across a variety of hardware platforms and programming languages
- Architect, scale, and take ownership of developer infrastructure
- Define and build tooling to support the development of infrastructure
- Continuously improve the deployment and operations experience for software engineers
- Automate and reduce inefficiencies in software delivery operations and processes
- Actively participate in troubleshooting and support from development through production
- Set up CI/CD pipelines covering commodity and proprietary hardware platforms
- Automate and publish code tooling results for developer visibility
Required Experience and Skills
- 8 years of experience in DevOps/GitOps/CloudOps or Developer Experience area
- Has built and delivered availability and performance features continuously to production
- Experience owning production Build Systems
- Cloud and container-based delivery to kubernetes, EKS, ECS, AppRunner, or similar
- Strong knowledge of DNS and networking fundamentals
- Have implemented more than one OAuth flow in production
- Creation of tools or scripts around Artifactory, GitHub Actions, and similar CI/CD fixtures.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Experience issuing, signing, or revoking CA or subordinate certificates
- Have worked with build tools like bazel, buck, cmake, meson, or ninja
- Continued focus on cloud developer infrastructure building
- Familiarity with robotics software (eg ROS, ROS2)
- Has applied supply chain security like in-toto, snyk, whitesource, etc
- Familiarity with data-distribution services and queues (eg DDS, MQTT)
- Has built event-driven developer infrastructure software
- Basic knowledge of BitBake and Yocto projects
You Will Love This Job If You
- Enjoy being part of a team and working towards a common goal
- You have pride in delivering high-quality work and working with other people
- Want to move quickly to incrementally improve builds and cloud infrastructure reliability
- Are excited about delivering software value efficiently
- Are a self-starter with infectious enthusiasm, energy, and problem-solving abilities
- Take an active role in continuous learning and self-development
At Blue River, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. While we have more work to do to advance diversity and inclusion, we’re investing in our programs, including recruiting, mentorship, career development, and learning & development to ensure they support our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion goals.
We support each employee in living a full life, enabling a thriving career, and accomplishing a meaningful, challenging mission while collaborating with incredible people. We are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align completely with the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
The US annual base salary range for this position is $166,000 - $293,000, along with eligibility for Blue River’s bonus and benefit programs.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your location during the hiring process. During the recruitment process, we may identify an alternative role or level to which you are more suited. If your ideal role at Blue River differs from the advertised position, we will provide an updated pay range as soon as possible during the hiring process.